A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 Owners: How is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A8 Owners: How is it?

For you A8 owners that have already got their car, now that you are a few weeks in what do you think?

Were there packages you wish you got you didn't?
Packages you got you shouldn't?
Things you liked better in real life than from the reviews?
Things not as goods as you thought once you got it?
Things you don't use you thought you would?
Or anything you want to share
Old 12-12-2018, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clintonm9
For you A8 owners that have already got their car, now that you are a few weeks in what do you think?

Were there packages you wish you got you didn't? Wish I got the launch package, and rear wheel steering. I am doing just fine without the rest of the packages.
Packages you got you shouldn't? Maybe the 20" Wheels/Tires, but let's see how that pans out. So far knock on wood, no issues.
Things you liked better in real life than from the reviews? The reviews were pretty good, not too many negatives. There are little details here and there which were not mentioned in reviews, that I really appreciate. One of them is the red LED strip that lights up when you open the door and a car is nearby.
Things not as goods as you thought once you got it? I thought the standard B&O sound system would be better, as we had a 2015 A5 with B&O and it blew this system out of the water. Still pretty good, but it doesn't sound so great using Apple Carplay.
Things you don't use you thought you would? I knew I would not use the back seat (I drive, no need for a driver) so I skipped all back seat options. So basically no frills in the back, not even heated seats.
Or anything you want to share
Took delivery Nov 1st, and love it. Very smooth drive, and has every toy anybody could need. I just wish it had a V8, or an S Line package, but I guess those options are coming soon. See other responses in your quote.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo118
Took delivery Nov 1st, and love it. Very smooth drive, and has every toy anybody could need. I just wish it had a V8, or an S Line package, but I guess those options are coming soon. See other responses in your quote.
What do you not like about the 20" rims?
Old 12-13-2018, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by angrypengu
What do you not like about the 20" rims?
Just worried about flat tires as I drive to/from NYC every day. When winter hits, the potholes become pretty common and the city does not fix many of them until after the harsh weather leaves.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo118
Just worried about flat tires as I drive to/from NYC every day. When winter hits, the potholes become pretty common and the city does not fix many of them until after the harsh weather leaves.
If you compare the sidewall height versus the 19" tires its not that different.

Be glad we are blessed with regular tires unlike the run flats on the S classes that explode if you look at them funny
Old 12-20-2018, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
If you compare the sidewall height versus the 19" tires its not that different.

Be glad we are blessed with regular tires unlike the run flats on the S classes that explode if you look at them funny
I just pulled the trigger and ordered 2019 A8. Over the past ten years I have had a few BMW's with run flats. Even the more recent models had a harder ride with more noise when using run flats. I'll never get that. I am so happy OEM's are not run flat