A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 software fault on Active Cruise control no update available

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I now have the same warning with failed "laser" unit. It's on order and should be installed in one week. Any follow up from anyone else?
Old 06-20-2019, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I’ve had no repeat of the issue. Although today my two screens went blank and reset after I went over a bump (one I go over a lot and it’s never happened before) so goodness knows what that’s all about. I tell you, I’d not buy a D5 out of warranty unless I had very deep pockets.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Duvetdo
I’ve had no repeat of the issue. Although today my two screens went blank and reset after I went over a bump (one I go over a lot and it’s never happened before) so goodness knows what that’s all about. I tell you, I’d not buy a D5 out of warranty unless I had very deep pockets.
That's what extended warranties are for. No chance I'd ever own an A8 out of warranty!
The following 2 users liked this post by angrypengu:
ArchieStanton (07-22-2019), Duvetdo (06-21-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just want to report that it took one week to order in a replacement and then a two day install. I'm not sure what the problem was but apparently there were issues with the dealer calibrating after instal. Either way it works now
Old 07-22-2019, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by jprescott
Just want to report that it took one week to order in a replacement and then a two day install. I'm not sure what the problem was but apparently there were issues with the dealer calibrating after instal. Either way it works now
Good to hear. Not surprised about the time dealer took to install/correctly calibrate (if that was it). They're on a "learning curve" with these new gen D5s, A7s/A6s. Tech training seminars, self-study programs and Audi Tech Support aside, first time diving into the new systems takes longer. Hope this stuff gets ironed out for 2020.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am having this same problem. The dealer has updated the software twice, but the issue continues.

they have quoted TSB#2053776/3.

Does my car need a new radar unit?

thanks

hank

Old 01-07-2020, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the MMI update done last week. The first time I drove it at night I had the same cruise control failure. I just completed a long road trip and I did not experience any failure during daylight. At this point it is strictly a night time failure.

The software in these cars is an absolute mess. I complained about the numerous issues I've posted here before. I was pleased to learn that constant false warnings are "normal".

This car us a great dilemma for me. It runs like a charm, has great fuel economy, is quiet as a morgue, rides like a dream and could not be more comfortable. The V6 is under powered but sport mode makes it tolerable. You can't adjust the dash lighting while you drive which is downright dangerous. All of the issues are with poor software and technology which is not ready for prime time. I can't fathom self driving cars given how awful the features work in this car. One thing for sure I won't keep this car after the lease or get another Audi unless they stop the excuses about their problems and get them fixed. The good of this car is ruined by poor technology. It's sad.

Originally Posted by HankJ
I am having this same problem. The dealer has updated the software twice, but the issue continues.

they have quoted TSB#2053776/3.

Does my car need a new radar unit?

thanks

hank
Old 01-07-2020, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ArchieStanton
I had the MMI update done last week. The first time I drove it at night I had the same cruise control failure. I just completed a long road trip and I did not experience any failure during daylight. At this point it is strictly a night time failure.

The software in these cars is an absolute mess. I complained about the numerous issues I've posted here before. I was pleased to learn that constant false warnings are "normal".

This car us a great dilemma for me. It runs like a charm, has great fuel economy, is quiet as a morgue, rides like a dream and could not be more comfortable. The V6 is under powered but sport mode makes it tolerable. You can't adjust the dash lighting while you drive which is downright dangerous. All of the issues are with poor software and technology which is not ready for prime time. I can't fathom self driving cars given how awful the features work in this car. One thing for sure I won't keep this car after the lease or get another Audi unless they stop the excuses about their problems and get them fixed. The good of this car is ruined by poor technology. It's sad.
No real commentary of value from me other than to state that dash brightness is adjustable via obd11. The q8 guys have posted about it.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by angrypengu
No real commentary of value from me other than to state that dash brightness is adjustable via obd11. The q8 guys have posted about it.
It would be helpful if you could post a link to the Q8 discussion regarding the dash lighting. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2020, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ArchieStanton
It would be helpful if you could post a link to the Q8 discussion regarding the dash lighting. Thanks!
Hey Archie. Pls see post #9 https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...ckpit-2940117/

Quick Reply: A8 software fault on Active Cruise control no update available