A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Audi A8 (D5) is Absolutely Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ojwhittington
Let me first start by saying, for the longest time I didn't like the A8, the styling and interior never impressed me as much as an S class.

BUT ! The new generation has completely changed my mind, I test drove a long wheel base 50 TDI over the weekend and don't have anything bad to say about it what so ever.
  • It is incredibly smooth on the road, in my opinion it absorbs the road better than an S class.
  • The base engine is really good; It's smooth, plenty of power and doesn't feel slow at all ( even though it's a long wheel base ), and diesel is fairly efficient.
  • The interior is simply amazing. Down in the Audi basement before the car was bought up I had a change to see the colour ambient lighting, Amazing, pleasant and not distracting.
  • Quality is unrivalled, interior leather is soft, build is solid no squeaks or rattles anywhere.
  • Exterior lighting looks amazing at night. Especially OLED rear lights.
Who ever is on the fence about buying one, go for it !

what type of seat you have
Old 10-21-2018, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Can you please share what changed your mind? I'm still on the fence and I will obviously make up my decision when I do my own test drive, but what about this changed your mind?
reading up the available packages luxury leather package being leatherrette other than seating surfaces.
I quoted 90000 for the car with options came down to a monthly pmt of 1200.
not for leatherette.
but seeing a real live picture and interior leather being soft so I'm thinking it's valcona all over in a luxury package.
I may want that with individual contour seats. I'm thinking the comfort seats are no longer available.
that's what's changing my mind. Been back and forth with this selection between A6 and A8.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please share what changed your mind? I'm still on the fence and I will obviously make up my decision when I do my own test drive, but what about this changed your mind?
Just the new design of the interior and exterior. Especially those rear lights I mentioned. I absolutely love the new d5s design. Also the technology is class leading. That and the comfort changed my mind
Old 10-21-2018, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bravo659
what type of seat you have
It was just the standard seats in the long wheel base.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

It was just the standard seats in the long wheel base.
Do you have pictures on the seats. If you don't mind me asking. Are the standards comfy?
in US they have individual contour seats with massage functions and valcona leather.
thanks.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Do you have pictures on the seats. If you don't mind me asking. Are the standards comfy?
in US they have individual contour seats with massage functions and valcona leather.
thanks.
They are the comfort contour seats. Here is the picture the dealership uploaded
Old 10-21-2018, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

They are the comfort contour seats. Here is the picture the dealership uploaded
so that's individual contour seats nice
thank you
Old 10-22-2018, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

thanks.
In Canada, you can spec both the executive and luxury package at the same time which would get you the massage function with the comfort sport seats w/ the diamond stitch pattern. I don't know if you can do the same but thought I'd call that out in case you're after the sports seat.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

In Canada, you can spec both the executive and luxury package at the same time which would get you the massage function with the comfort sport seats w/ the diamond stitch pattern. I don't know if you can do the same but thought I'd call that out in case you're after the sports seat.
comfort sport diamond stitched seats aren’t currently available in USA—incredibly stupid, considering their availability in the D4. I have them and they’re terrific.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L

comfort sport diamond stitched seats aren’t currently available in USA—incredibly stupid, considering their availability in the D4. I have them and they’re terrific.

Interesting feedback. I have been back and forth on that package. Main upside for me to get it is Valcona letter, as opposed to fake leather if I don't get that package. My concern was that the sport seats are too hard or too tight (I'm a thin guy btw). What about the sport seats do you like vs the stock seats if I may ask?

Quick Reply: The Audi A8 (D5) is Absolutely Amazing