A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming back to the Audi family! Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Coming back to the Audi family! Couple of Questions

Hi All!

It has been a long time since I have been here (had a '12 D4 A8L 4.2) I hope to pick up my D5 in the next day or two, Moonlight with Sarder Valetta leather. I went with a lower spec car as I do not need any rear seat nonsense, and I really only cared for the drivers assist package and executive package. The dealer did not even have a demo, so I negotiated the price blindly. I luckily had a loyalty discount as we recently returned an A5.

I tried to do as much homework as I could, but I do have a few quick questions about this car. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

1) My car will have the 20" wheel/tire package. Can anybody confirm if the car comes with "normal" tires? I had a hell of a hard time with my last car (750i with run flats) and I am hoping the 20's have normal tires with a spare tire in the trunk. That being said, would anybody know the tires (size and model?)

2) I am sure the standard B+O sound system is great, but can anybody confirm the power of the standard system?

3) Unfortunately my car did not come with the upgraded leather. Will the Valetta leather be of high quality?

4) Gutted I do not have the OLED lighting for the tail lights. Is it safe to assume the standard tail lights still have the "light bar" that goes across the rear? I can live without the light show, but the light bar is something I would really love to have.

Thank you in advance, I hope to share the good news once I take delivery!
Old 10-29-2018, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo118
Hi All!

It has been a long time since I have been here (had a '12 D4 A8L 4.2) I hope to pick up my D5 in the next day or two, Moonlight with Sarder Valetta leather. I went with a lower spec car as I do not need any rear seat nonsense, and I really only cared for the drivers assist package and executive package. The dealer did not even have a demo, so I negotiated the price blindly. I luckily had a loyalty discount as we recently returned an A5.

I tried to do as much homework as I could, but I do have a few quick questions about this car. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

1) My car will have the 20" wheel/tire package. Can anybody confirm if the car comes with "normal" tires? I had a hell of a hard time with my last car (750i with run flats) and I am hoping the 20's have normal tires with a spare tire in the trunk. That being said, would anybody know the tires (size and model?)

2) I am sure the standard B+O sound system is great, but can anybody confirm the power of the standard system?

3) Unfortunately my car did not come with the upgraded leather. Will the Valetta leather be of high quality?

4) Gutted I do not have the OLED lighting for the tail lights. Is it safe to assume the standard tail lights still have the "light bar" that goes across the rear? I can live without the light show, but the light bar is something I would really love to have.

Thank you in advance, I hope to share the good news once I take delivery!
1- 20’s are 265x40. Cannot confirm if run-flats, but have seen pics and videos with Goodyear tires. If the base B&O sound system, then you will have a donut spare tire.

2- Power of the “base” Premium B&O system (17 speakers) is 730 watts compared to the optional Advanced B&O system’s 1920 watts (23 speakers).

3- Valetta should be fine. Likely not as smooth as Valcona however.

4- Yes, non-OLED tailights also have the full light bar.

Good luck with the car and welcome back!

Last edited by derfA8L; 10-30-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L

1- 20’s are 265x40. Cannot confirm if run-flats, but have seen pics and videos with Goodyear tires. If the base B&O sound system, then you will have a donut spare tire.

2- Power of the “base” Premium B&O system (17 speakers) is 730 watts compared to the optional Advanced B&O system’s 1920 watts (23 speakers).

3- Valetta should be fine. Likely not a smooth as Valcona however.

4- Yes, non-OLED tailights also have the full light bar.

Good luck with the car and welcome back!
Thanks for the quick reply! All noted, and all great news. Will advise as soon as I get it.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the quick reply! All noted, and all great news. Will advise as soon as I get it.
You're very welcome. Can’t wait to read your review of the car.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well in a weird turn of events, the car I had confirmed has a problem with the air vent, and needs a replacement part which is on backorder. Dealer is willing to offer me another car with a slightly higher MSRP, but not in my color (Moonlight with Sarder interior)

The color they have is Vesuvius Gray, and I honestly can't get a good idea of what it looks like from the photos online. I can't get to the dealer during work hours, so kind of torn on what to do. I do not want to settle, but at the same time I need a car this week as my previous lease is due on Nov 1st.

Does anybody have a good photo to share on this Vesuvius Gray color?
Old 10-30-2018, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Well in a weird turn of events, the car I had confirmed has a problem with the air vent, and needs a replacement part which is on backorder. Dealer is willing to offer me another car with a slightly higher MSRP, but not in my color (Moonlight with Sarder interior)

The color they have is Vesuvius Gray, and I honestly can't get a good idea of what it looks like from the photos online. I can't get to the dealer during work hours, so kind of torn on what to do. I do not want to settle, but at the same time I need a car this week as my previous lease is due on Nov 1st.

It almost looks black, from what I recall. If I were you, I wouldn't buy it sight unseen and would want to be 100% sold on the color, since you'll have to live with it and you want to be happy with it.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Vesuvius Gray metallic is pretty sharp on the D5. See pic below...
Old 10-30-2018, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Vesuvius Gray metallic is pretty sharp on the D5. See pic below...
Old 10-30-2018, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default More Vesuvius Gray

Old 10-30-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Vesuvius Gray - Indoor Pic

Quick Reply: Coming back to the Audi family! Couple of Questions