A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D5 A8 Off Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts
Default D5 A8 Off Topic Thread

I think it's safe to say that this D5 forum has been crucial as several of us have leveraged information and knowledge off of each other to assist us with our car buying process. In each thread, we talk about relevant topics and we try and stay confined within the subject at hand. It's pretty well formalized and has some rigor but I thought I'd start an off topic thread. The goal is for us as AudiWorld participants to be able to talk about whatever may be on our minds which is entirely off topic from the D5 side of things.

I just wanted to take this time to wish all D5 forum participants the best for 2019 and hope that Santa has been good to each and every one of you for those of you who have celebrated Christmas. Happy New Year everyone!
The following 3 users liked this post by angrypengu:
Deegz (01-14-2020), HankJ (02-10-2020), leomaestro (11-17-2021)
Old 01-01-2019, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

+1
Happy New Year to all! Hoping 2019 brings everyone good fortune, and most importantly—Good health. Best to all.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

@derfA8L :

Holy moly, sorry, but I just noticed your signature. From time of production date to delivery date for your D4 was 1 month?! (that's it?!) That's beyond my comprehension!!! Did I read that right?! How long was it from your order date to production date?
Old 01-01-2019, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
@derfA8L :

Holy moly, sorry, but I just noticed your signature. From time of production date to delivery date for your D4 was 1 month?! (that's it?!) That's beyond my comprehension!!! Did I read that right?! How long was it from your order date to production date?
Yes, 1 month, but 5 months from order to delivery. Order originally entered on 7/10/2014, but underwent dealer allocation trade, so was re-entered as shown on below Vehicle Order—As is all other relevant production and shipping info...

Last edited by derfA8L; 01-01-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by derfA8L

Yes, 1 month, but 5 months from order to delivery. Order originally entered on 7/10/2014, but underwent dealer allocation trade, so was re-entered as shown on below Vehicle Order—As is all other relevant production and shipping info...

Thank you. This is valuable info for me as I'm trying to time my delivery for the D5 at a certain timeframe. I am surprised that Audi AG is willing to build, in your case, MY14 cars in October. That strikes me as odd because I would think that build slots in October would be for MY15 in your case. Am I misunderstanding something here or is what you went through a one off?

All this to ask, for MY19 D5's, do you or anyone here know when Audi AG will transition over to building the MY20 models in CY2019?
Old 01-01-2019, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you. This is valuable info for me as I'm trying to time my delivery for the D5 at a certain timeframe. I am surprised that Audi AG is willing to build, in your case, MY14 cars in October. That strikes me as odd because I would think that build slots in October would be for MY15 in your case. Am I misunderstanding something here or is what you went through a one off?

All this to ask, for MY19 D5's, do you or anyone here know when Audi AG will transition over to building the MY20 models in CY2019?
It was a MY 2015, not 2014. Expect MY 2019 ordering to cease by late Spring—MY 2020 Order Guides should be released sometime in May, with 2020 ordering starting by late June.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by derfA8L

It was a MY 2015, not 2014. Expect MY 2019 ordering to cease by late Spring—MY 2020 Order Guides should be released sometime in May, with 2020 ordering starting by late June.
Thanks and oops. It's been 30 hours straight of work through NY/NYE, and I'm clearly needing some sleep. Thanks for the info/correction.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks and oops. It's been 30 hours straight of work through NY/NYE, and I'm clearly needing some sleep. Thanks for the info/correction.
No problems, Ha Ha, get some sleep 😴.

Unless you’ve ordered an Audi Exclusive paint or interior, order-to-port delivery usually is a 3-month process. My longer 5-month timing was mostly due to the Audi Exclusive paint we chose. Delays at the departure port (waiting for a ship) can happen, and can add a week or two in delays. Once your car is loaded onto a transport ship, the voyage from Emden to Canada (and the U.S. northern Rhode Island port) is typically 2-weeks. Your car’s stay at the port, once it arrives, shouldn’t be more than a week—unless there’s a Port Hold (waiting for a factory authorized Recall fix/repair, port volume issue, waiting for ground carrier transport, etc.). When my car left the factory, I kind of lucked out with it getting loaded on a transport ship that left within 3 days so there was no real delay in that regard—And it’s time at the VW port facility in Rhode Island was only a bit over a week.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Let's see how well I do with the D5.

Order build date is "locked"/slated for mid April. Dealer is stating to expect the car in June/July. If I have @derfA8L 's luck, I should get it 1 month right after it's built. Let's see
Old 02-07-2019, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Let's see how well I do with the D5.

Order build date is "locked"/slated for mid April. Dealer is stating to expect the car in June/July. If I have @derfA8L 's luck, I should get it 1 month right after it's built. Let's see
Well, if the car isn’t held up waiting for a transport ship at the departure port or in a port hold at the POE, then it should be a mid/late May arrival at your dealer’s lot. Your dealer should be able to tell you which ship it will travel on, and you can go on line and track its progress. Good luck!!! BTW, what color combo did you ultimately go with?

Quick Reply: D5 A8 Off Topic Thread