A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D5 Configurator w/Retail Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by pagla6
Predictive active suspension and All wheel steering are supposed to be available as stand alone options but can't be added to configuration yet!

? Late availability in US.
I just noticed yesterday that the Dynamic All-Wheel Steering was removed from the build options (was priced at $1,995 retail).. It was there a week ago. Was just going to post that and saw your post. It is mentioned along with the Predictive Active Suspension in the Audi USA press release, so perhaps both are now delayed right now.

Last edited by derfA8L; 07-26-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

The "dynamic all-wheel steering" is available now as option code ON5 for $1950 MSRP.

Predictive active suspension is not available yet.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
I just noticed yesterday that the Dynamic All-Wheel Steering was removed from the build options (was priced at $1,995 retail).. It was there a week ago. Was just going to post that and saw your post. It is mentioned along with the Predictive Active Suspension in the Audi USA press release, so perhaps both are now delayed right now.
I'll check with my dealer in the morning to confirm the Dynamic All-Wheel Steering as it's on my build sheet that was sent to Audi last Wednesday. Also, if the Predictive Active Suspension becomes available before my car is locked into their system and can't be altered, I'll add that option for sure.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gb4.2
I'll check with my dealer in the morning to confirm the Dynamic All-Wheel Steering as it's on my build sheet that was sent to Audi last Wednesday. Also, if the Predictive Active Suspension becomes available before my car is locked into their system and can't be altered, I'll add that option for sure.
Just checked with my dealer...the Dynamic All-Wheel Steering option (ON5) can still be ordered as it the dealers' order/option list is the same as from early this month. My order is in the factory order bank and has not been modified by Audi. Also, at this stage, I cannot modify it further by, for instance, adding the Predictive Active Suspension if it were to become available to order. I'm hoping nothing will change and the car will be built as ordered.

I did look at the Audi website and see that the order in which they presented the options has changed and that the Dynamic All-Wheel Steering isn't shown as pagla6 noted.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That’s good news regarding the All-Wheel Steering remaining in your factory build spec. Too bad about the Predictive Active Suspension not being available yet. For a change I don’t have to deal with Audi’s chaotic option availability issues, since I won’t be ordering anything until a year from now—hopefully they will sort out the V8 engine availability by then, really!
Old 07-27-2018, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

The lack of the V8 and the Predictive Active Suspension at this launch stage of the D5 has me thinking about a 24 month lease this time rather than the usual 36. I'm also thinking the S8 version ought to be available by then as well. The Predictive Active Suspension is very intriguing given the videos I've seen of it and would have been a definite selection had it been available to order last week.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gb4.2
The lack of the V8 and the Predictive Active Suspension at this launch stage of the D5 has me thinking about a 24 month lease this time rather than the usual 36. I'm also thinking the S8 version ought to be available by then as well. The Predictive Active Suspension is very intriguing given the videos I've seen of it and would have been a definite selection had it been available to order last week.
i would imagine 2-years gets you pretty safely to the S8–or possibly an RS8!!! Just saw a spy shot of what is presumed to be a 2020 RS Q8. So why not an RS variant of the S8?
Old 07-27-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

No RS8 for me!! I'd be very happy in an S8...been admiring it for a few years in both the D3 and D4 versions.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L

i would imagine 2-years gets you pretty safely to the S8–or possibly an RS8!!! Just saw a spy shot of what is presumed to be a 2020 RS Q8. So why not an RS variant of the S8?
Audi has said in past that it thinks D body is just not consistent with R/RS type positioning.

That said, when you compare the D4 S8 to the RS7 mechanically, good luck trying to figure out where there are any real differences. D4 S8+ is essentially an RS8 save for the old fart barcalounger seating and some aero fluff. S8+ in turn is really just a chip tweak over a pre plus S8. RS7 guys love to talk about mysterious differences, but somehow they can never quite i.d. the supposed parts that vary.

My own guess is Audi will try to skate as long as possible on no V8 here at all for D5 A8, and then will do one for the S8, with a range topping hybrid drive set up pumping in some more ponies and torque. Call that either an S8+ or an RS8. Just look at new Panny and the roadmap is obvious, particularly now that Porsche was given the lead on V8 drivetrains, together with literally the tooling for the 4.0T.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, I still think we’ll see a 4.0 V8 A8 in the U.S. for the 2020 MY, but if not, hello 750i bimmer!!!

Quick Reply: D5 Configurator w/Retail Prices