A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D5 test drive this weekend....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to raise my concerns with Audi UK and they are getting in touch with the Product Manager in the UK. I think it's important that the manufacturer knows what A8 customers feedback is as we pay a lot of money for these cars.

Maybe I'll get a meeting with him/her after the holiday period. I remember I met the equivalent for the D4 back in the day. Especially as they are based only 20 minutes from home.

Will let you know how it goes.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the detailed review, however I still can't see any reason why would I want it.

No hooks in the boot/trunk for hanging shopping (massive fail as far as our family is concerned). - I think you have to order storage package, it will also add USB ports and 12V socket in the boot.

Fingerprint city on the screens - A lot of comments in reviews regarding it. What about functionality of the screens vs old good buttons? When I got my first D4, I thought it had complicated menu with a lot of submenus. So it must be even worse now.

Changing the seats settings with you could previously do with the wheelie thing on the side of the seat on the D4 was much more simple - real shame that adjustment **** is gone. I don't get why such features are removed.

The front centre armrest is too small , you can barely fit in your phone (S8+) and have it connected to the charger. - Looks useless to me and previous was decent enough to keep some stuff there.

The boot in general is better (deeper) because they've moved the electronics to the right hand side. - but you're losing this nice space on the side, where I kept small things permanently like bottle of water, etc. One of the left being occupied by First Aid Kit, etc. S8 had huge pocket, diesel one has smaller due to AdBlue tank.

The 4G wifi hotspot is okayish, not brilliant for the kids wanting to stream stuff, and the dealer told me it's "unlimited" data for 3 years - will be annoying feature for owners of cars over 3 years old, as you would have to pay for contract with one of the networks. Can you use your phone as car phone and share network via hotspot as in current model? I can see there's a slot for SIM car and SD card in the armrest pocket.

I know all these points are not deal breakers, but I like functionality and storage and lack of it discourages me from choosing a car. I really liked clever use of space in S-class convertible which I test drove. I assume standard S-Class is the same.

Did you get any follow up from product manager?

Last edited by UnseenS8; 02-11-2018 at 08:17 AM.