A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Europrice Matrix Headlight activation

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2023, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 712 Likes on 503 Posts
Default Europrice Matrix Headlight activation

So Europrice can do the matrix headlight activation for North American Audis…Hmmm.

Requires rental or purchase of a VAS5054A scanner (+$300). If matrix function is deactivated by the dealer during a service visit, Europrice says they will reactivate the function at no cost, other than the scanner rental fee—so purchasing the VAS5054A is recommended by them.

Here’s the link to their website:

https://europrice.us/headlight-activ...north-american

Last edited by derfA8L; 11-25-2023 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:11 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm still blown away that we even have to pay to enable something that comes on a car we've paid for. This system is so far ahead of traditional LED headlights yet the USDOT says they aren't allowed on new cars. I'd seriously consider doing this if we didn't lease our cars. Thanks for the link.
The following users liked this post:
Audi Logic (11-29-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
So Europrice can do the matrix headlight activation for North American Audis…
I'd do this in a heartbeat if I was sure they won't void my warranty. I ask every time I'm in the shop to enable them, "we're still waiting for federal approval"
Old 11-24-2023, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 235 Likes on 189 Posts

It certainly wouldn't void a warranty to have these activated. When you go to the dealership and do major work the activation may get wiped, but you can then have another remote appointment made and have the matrix re-activated at no cost. This is why buying the VAS interface versus renting can be useful for cars that still head to the dealership.

Note that for the A8, S8 cars with digital matrix this is now also now possible to activate!

Cheers!

Old 11-24-2023, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
It certainly wouldn't void a warranty to have these activated. When you go to the dealership and do major work the activation may get wiped, but you can then have another remote appointment made and have the matrix re-activated at no cost. This is why buying the VAS interface versus renting can be useful for cars that still head to the dealership.

Note that for the A8, S8 cars with digital matrix this is now also now possible to activate!

Cheers!
What about blue laser light activation for A8/S8?
Old 11-24-2023, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by KK22
What about blue laser light activation for A8/S8?
Yes, that is available as well as the carpet lighting for highway use. Those two options are now added to the product page for selection to order.

Cheers,

Old 11-25-2023, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So how does activating the matrix functionality affect operation of the car’s high/low beam stalk? More specifically:

1- since the high-beams would now be the default setting, can you still use the headlight control stalk to deactivate the high beams/matrix control? IIRC, the NHTSA guidelines still require manual control of the high/low beams.

2- can the headlight stalk still be used to “flash” the high beams?

3- what happens to the existing automatic headlight control features such as automatic headlight turn on/off and automatic switching from high to low beams when behind another vehicle/or when there’s on-coming traffic (assuming when not in matrix mode)?

Thanks,
derf
Old 11-25-2023, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

So how does activating the matrix functionality affect operation of the car’s high/low beam stalk? More specifically:

1- since the high-beams would now be the default setting, can you still use the headlight control stalk to deactivate the high beams/matrix control? IIRC, the NHTSA guidelines still require manual control of the high/low beams.
High beams are not a default setting. You will still enable the matrix high beams each time you have the headlights on. You need the lights in Auto and then you cycle the high beam stalk which now will have standard high beams and matrix high beams available. You will see on the instrument cluster what you are in.

2- can the headlight stalk still be used to “flash” the high beams?
High beam flash is still 100% the same.

3- what happens to the existing automatic headlight control features such as automatic headlight turn on/off and automatic switching from high to low beams when behind another vehicle/or when there’s on-coming traffic (assuming when not in matrix mode)?
You no longer have high beam assist and matrix high beam is now what you will have. The matrix functions doesn't blind oncoming or traffic in front of you but keeps everything else illuminated around those cars. It's really amazing tech and I can't say enough about using it. The S5 sportback project car here has fully enabled matrix headlights and it's my favorite feature the car.

Thanks,
derf
You're welcome!

Old 11-25-2023, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
High beams are not a default setting. You will still enable the matrix high beams each time you have the headlights on. You need the lights in Auto and then you cycle the high beam stalk which now will have standard high beams and matrix high beams available. You will see on the instrument cluster what you are in.

High beam flash is still 100% the same.

You no longer have high beam assist and matrix high beam is now what you will have. The matrix functions doesn't blind oncoming or traffic in front of you but keeps everything else illuminated around those cars. It's really amazing tech and I can't say enough about using it. The S5 sportback project car here has fully enabled matrix headlights and it's my favorite feature the car.
Thanks for the answers Alex. Much appreciated.

Old 11-25-2023, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Alex, is the $300 a refundable deposit for the VAS5054, or is there an additional $300 charge for rental?

What is the carpet lighting?

Quick Reply: Europrice Matrix Headlight activation