A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest available mods and retro-fits A8 D5 -

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile Latest available mods and retro-fits A8 D5 -

Hi all, just joined today as a new member and just wanted to share some information regarding some interesting products I found onliine. (No, not that type so you can get your head out the gutter). Some interesting A8 upgrade options ? . . .

1. Add wireless car play for Android or IOS and so much more (YT video, Netflix, Amazon video, Browser, etc.), and Video-In-Motion via the box;
Available for just under £200(UK) on everyones favourite (same as favorite, just spelt correcly - LOL) auction site - begins with an 'e'. Just search for MMB box and make sure you get the second generation model (blue in colour).

2. Some interesting retrofits for the the more advanced, or determined A8 owner, from Kufatec. (Includes hardware/wire looms for some retrofits);
Retrofit solutions for the Audi A8 4N
Park Pilot, (Audi's automated parking system), looks good, but I suggest you do a bit more investigating first before opting for this feature. Apparently, it's relatively slow compared to just parking the car yourself, which isn't that difficult with the 360° parking cameras and surround sensing. You need to have both these features to add the Park Pilot retro-fit. There is a YT video with this retrofit in a different Audi, possibly a Q7 or Q8, but I can't remember?

I live in the UK and bought my used 2017 Audi A8 D5, (50 TDI, 23,500miles), in April this year and haven't regretted a day. I was fortunate enough to pick up an ex-Audi A8 european launch car (explains the year), so it has most of the toys pre-fitted. e.g. all-wheel-steering, TV/DVD/DAB/FM/AM, HD matrix headlights, B&O, 360° cameras, all round pre-sense, lane guidance/assist, 4-zone climate, massage and ventilated seats, and the list goes on. It's 'Floret' silver with beige interior which looks amazing at night with the the multi-coloured interior lighting. I also bought an OBDeleven pro license and added a few addition features in the car using the available 1-click apps. So far I've enabled; video-in-motion, auto park brake (pull up and switch off the engine with Start/Stop button, the car will automaticaly engage Park and apply the electronic handbrake - nice), seat ventilation balancing, needle sweep at start-up, copy music from CD, audio lock/unlock confirmation tone, and display TPMS (displays tyre pressures and temps). The latter upgrade however is the only one I'm having an issue with. I can view the graphic in the virtual cockpit but the pressure and temperature vaues are missing? It's suppose to look like this;

My A8 just displays a '--' instead of the pressures and temperatures.

Could be that my car doesn't have the necessary sensors or hardware to work? A bit more investigation/research required. . . Ironically, 3 weeks after ownership, I got a flat tyre coming home from work and the virtual cockpit flashed up a warning that a rapid pressure drop in the rear tyre was detected. Luckily, I manged to pull over and fit the space saver wheel before the tyre had completely deflated, hence the reason I thought my model already had the required hardware for the TPMS display upgrade.

AngryPengu - Thanks for the great posts, very informative.
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

One more to add . . .

Dynamic Mirror Indicators;

I couldn't find any installation videos on YT specific to the A8 D5, but that might be because they are very new. Here's a couple of YT videos on other Audi cars;

I see that OSRAM also manufacture these units but currently they don't make a version for the A8 D5 as yet . . .

Osram web site
Old 09-20-2021, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Got the MMB working !!! It's a game changer for sure.

Old 09-26-2021, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK RHD

Did anyone in the UK get these? I can not find RHD versions. :S

Originally Posted by brian_A8D5
One more to add . . .

Dynamic Mirror Indicators;

I couldn't find any installation videos on YT specific to the A8 D5, but that might be because they are very new. Here's a couple of YT videos on other Audi cars;
Audi Q5
Audi A4
Audi A6

I see that OSRAM also manufacture these units but currently they don't make a version for the A8 D5 as yet . . .

Osram web site
Old 10-25-2021, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Readheads,

Curious where you put the MMB box. Since the wireless charger takes up half of the box, is there room for the MMB next to it?
Old 10-25-2021, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

There is room next to the wireless charger if you put the MMB on a tilt. I rarely use the wireless charge as it is inconvenient to get to my phone.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Returned the MMB box. Coo for sure, but I really wanted to be able to screen mirror things on long trips, hockey etc, and there is no way around the HDCP block for streaming from screen mirror. Good for its onboard apps, netflix etc. But sports streaming etc- nope
Old 11-18-2021, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can screen mirror my Android phone and run the Dofu app to get ALL the games, works great. LMK if you need any help doing it.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by readheads
I can screen mirror my Android phone and run the Dofu app to get ALL the games, works great. LMK if you need any help doing it.
whats the on-going costs for dofu as it asks for.cc info
Old 11-19-2021, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

There is no cost, just close out some of the ads, turn off the comments and enjoy the games.