A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S8 foot pedal upgrade???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Manchild

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

[QUOTE=derfA8L;25520024]After finding this image of the D5 S8 dead pedal, well it seems there is a lip on the side that needs to fit under the car’s interior side panel. I went back to my car to revisit how it fits and it does appear to have the same side lip that fits underneath the panel. Oh well, perhaps that side panel with the hood release handle will need to be removed...Unless there’s a way to simply slide or hook/bend it in under the side panel. Here’s the S8 dead pedal (uninstalled)...

[/Q

I will post mid december. The parts are coming from Germany so that will take a couple of weeks. fingers crossed for not having to dismantle the car....................too much..
Old 11-26-2020, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

[QUOTE=Moongoa;25520057]
Originally Posted by derfA8L
After finding this image of the D5 S8 dead pedal, well it seems there is a lip on the side that needs to fit under the car’s interior side panel. I went back to my car to revisit how it fits and it does appear to have the same side lip that fits underneath the panel. Oh well, perhaps that side panel with the hood release handle will need to be removed...Unless there’s a way to simply slide or hook/bend it in under the side panel. Here’s the S8 dead pedal (uninstalled)...

[/Q

I will post mid december. The parts are coming from Germany so that will take a couple of weeks. fingers crossed for not having to dismantle the car....................too much..

This tool set might make things easier 😉

The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Manchild

[QUOTE=derfA8L;25521980]
Originally Posted by Moongoa

This tool set might make things easier 😉

Great I’m actually glad to use this set I bought God Way back when I had my BMW 740. Looks like I’m gonna need to use it

angrypengu (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

now if I would get WeatherTech to do a Black Friday deal. Lol.
angrypengu (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 832 Likes on 595 Posts

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the best part of this mod.

+20hp and 60 foot pounds of torque!!

Old 11-27-2020, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OK, I bit the bullet and ordered the set today. Probably will have my dealer install the dead pedal for me since I’m not comfortable popping out the side kick panel myself (now pretty sure it needs to be removed). Have always felt the A8 line should already have these upgraded pedal caps as standard equipment—certainly in North America anyway.
angrypengu (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 832 Likes on 595 Posts

OK, I bit the bullet and ordered the set today. Probably will have my dealer install the dead pedal for me since I’m not comfortable popping out the side kick panel myself (now pretty sure it needs to be removed). Have always felt the A8 line should already have these upgraded pedal caps as standard equipment—certainly in North America anyway.
Congrats and absolutely the right call IMHO. I've done a lot of wiring work in the footwell area on the driver's side and literally have removed everything underneath the steering wheel (sound insulation et al). I could not figure out how the bloody hell to remove the dead pedal!
Old 11-27-2020, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Manchild

well if I get mine first and by some miraculous stock of fate it is easy I’ll let you know.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Congrats and absolutely the right call IMHO. I've done a lot of wiring work in the footwell area on the driver's side and literally have removed everything underneath the steering wheel (sound insulation et al). I could not figure out how the bloody hell to remove the dead pedal!
Thanks for the backup on my chickening out on the kick panel issue🐣. Just don’t want to deal with detaching/reattaching the hood release handle. Removing the dead pedal requires (I’m pretty sure) carefully prying up the pedal to free it from the 5 attachment points on the underside, and then sliding it forward to free up the hook attachment connection at the top of the pedal. This last part might require gently prying the top hook with a flat nose screwdriver. Installing the brake and accelerator caps should be relatively easy, but after my recent hernia surgery, I also don’t want to have to contort myself working in the small side area, so discretion being the better part of valor, and all that jazz...😏.

Last edited by derfA8L; 11-27-2020 at 06:12 AM.
angrypengu (11-27-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Manchild

Received these today. They are legit.

1. So brake super easy. Pry off and push on new one.
2. Gas pedal was a little harder due to space. I used soap and water and a hair dryer and was on in 2 minutes.

They seem very secure and look nice. Dead pedal is for another day. It does look like the side kick panel and possibly the panel on the under side of steering wheel may need to come of. I’ll do a bit of research prior to pulling them off.

angrypengu (12-01-2020)

Quick Reply: S8 foot pedal upgrade???