Autosports Unlimited

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Autosports Unlimited

This is not an advertisement for them or anything like that, but thought I'd pass along my observations. Over the past ten years or so, I have visited their business, which is Zeeland, MI. Always been satisfied, fair price, etc. It used to be a small garage/office type place with a yard adjacent. The specialize in German and European car parts.

Haven't been there lately and went yesterday to pick up glass for my Audi. Wow! Their new location looks like a huge corporation. From the front, you might think it was a small Microsoft or something like that. Huge entrance, three stories of glass front office.

The business part had about 20 people at desks on phones, with fax machines and printers runing regularly. I remember in the old place a dry erase board with "new arrival" cars listed. The new office had an overhead projector slide show with tons of shots of "new" wrecks, etc and information about each.

All the people had hands free phones and were talking to customers. After waiting for my guy to finish up taking a credit card order, I got my glass and drove around the back. There is no yard. Apparently, all of the inventory cars are inside the building. No need for guard dogs or high fences.

Again, not an advertisement, but what a business this place must be doing providing European parts to all us do-it-yourselfers. For those of use with small junk yards in the backyard, there could be a real future.