Few Questions and would appreciate help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Questions and would appreciate help!

This is my first Audi I don't have others to compare it to. So here goes.

1. My front bumper seems too low and likes to scrape against small obstacles. If I accidently park over a cement block or curb at the head of a parking space it catches it, so when i go to reverse my bumper is dragging on it. It's nearly fallen off a couple times and it's annoying. Since then I have been very careful with how I park but you know, sometimes people forget. So my question is, am I missing a piece at the bottom of the bumper? When I took it to a body shop, one of the guys said it could be missing a cover that attached to the bumper underneath but he wasn't sure.

2. I got brakes replaced fairly recently, at the end of the summer. Rotors and pads. In late October/early November, the brakes started squeeking and it's been getting louder. I'm not sure what that means because the brakes work just fine but they like to squeek. Do I have to redo my brakes or is there something the mechanic did wrong? The new rotors were Brembo brand and the pads are ceramic.

3. I think there maybe something wrong with my electrical system. All of the window switches and overhead lights (except the one on the sunroof console) work when they want to. Also, I'm not sure if this is related or not but, is the car supposed to make any warning sounds? Like a beep or something if you leave the lights or if a door is on? Because my car doesn't do any of that but I recall one night where my car was making buzzing sounds when I turned it off and hadn't yet turned off my lights.

Thanks!!
Old 12-17-2005, 04:03 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Re: Few Questions and would appreciate help!

1. Don't park over wheel stops like that. It also sounds like you might be missing the lower engine cover (aka belly pan, splash sheild.)

2. Sounds like an aggressive, high performance set up. If you don't want squeaking choose a more approcreate pad for daily driving.

3. Check the wire loom between the driver's door and the body at the hinge. It is common for those wires to break.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

My car makes a ding when you leave lights on, key in, stereo on, etc.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey, does anyone where I can the splash shield for under the car?