More CGT's

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More CGT's

Driving to meet some friends last night and I went past a dealer that had an 88 5kt that I looked at last summer. Low and behold they had that same car still there, and 2 early 80's CGT's sitting there, same color, for sale. I poked around them a bit, but it was dark out, and I didnt have my cam with me. One was auto with cloth, one was a 5spd with some sort of neat brown leather and sunroof. Just thought Id pass it along, Im gonna head over there tomorrow and see how much they are asking for each of them, and I'll try and get some pics. Thought it was kinda odd seeing 2 of the same gold color there

Mike
Old 05-31-2002, 08:31 AM

What dealer? Can you find out the years of the cars?
Old 05-31-2002, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Its in Fort Wayne, IN

I forget the name of the dealer, but I will get some information for you tomorrow, when I actually go over there and chat it up with the guy. Ill definately take pics as well.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Updated info..

Well, I went back to the dealer, and the cars were moved around the lot, so pictures were impossible to take, as the cars were boxed in in all directions. Both CGT's are 83's and were owned by one individual who deals with Audi's I guess. BOTH have leather, not just the 5spd. The only car I paid much attention to was the 5spd, I checked the interior and under the hood. Leather was in pretty good shape, as was the rest of the interior. It had a newer style steering wheel, as the AT had the older style. Underneath the hood, it was quite clean, didnt notice any leaks or oil on the intake manifold, I was actually impressed. But its still an old car, I didnt start it or drive it, so who knows. Had some body issues, drivers side front q panel, almost next to where the hood meeds the grille is a bit pushed in, and rust is evident. Side of the car, lower has a bit of rust showing. The guy wasnt very friendly at first this time, he didnt even want me looking at the cars as he was "very busy", I about just walked away and said forget it. I had told him somebody via the net was interested, so I had to say the person was located close, I chose michigan. After that, he actually got me the key and let me poke around.
He quoted me $800 a piece, but said that if somebody just came in and "flashed some cash", he'd sell one or both off.
Any other questions? LMK

Mike