A pointless inquiry about your drivers education :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A pointless inquiry about your drivers education :)

Heres an interesting question for you all. What was your drivers education experience like? What kind of car, and what kind of junk did your instructor tell you to do?
I took the driving part of drivers ed first, back in the spring of 1997 through my high school. Had a 1997 Chevy Lumina, white, pretty nice car for me to drive. Had the instructor and 2 other classmates of mine, we had 3-4 days, and had to drive from 3:30pm until 9:00pm, alternating on and off. We would have a "city day" and a "highway day", where we would drive in the respective places, booring. I remember driving on the highway, we visited our instructors daughter at Ball State University, brought her food, or something. Drivers ed was fun, I remember asking my instructor on the highway "can I pass this semi..", what a dork I was, and not much has changed.
What were your experiences in drivers ed? Lets here em

Mike
Old 01-07-2004, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well...

...none so far, but dad wants me to take Action Acadamy driving lessons so I'll get a reduced insurance rate. They're in the high-school parking lot on Wednesdays, and you get to drive a mundane '02 Ford Taurus. Wow, I almost fell asleep just thinking about it.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default they gave me a cavalier. that was 5 years and 25 points ago..

id say my instructor did a great job....
Old 01-07-2004, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hahaha! I was expecting a novel J !

but that sums it up well enough
still though, a novel ?
Old 01-07-2004, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I never had the actual hands-on driving portion of drivers ed...

I only had some horrrrrible summer school class that I had to sit through.

But when I took the actual test to get my license in 1994...I drove my mom's 1988 90 Quattro (which she still has) and the officer riding with me just asked a million questions about how quattro worked and didn't pay attention to my driving!!

--morgan
Old 01-07-2004, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hah! Yeah...

Instructor: *looks at CGT* "This yours?"

Me: "Uh, yeah."

Instructor: "Dang."
Old 01-08-2004, 02:31 AM

Default When I had driver's ed, we had to walk thru 6 feet of snow...

Our driver's ed car was a 1981 Granada, two tone. Barf. What a wallowing pig that was. I remember it vividly, since my household choices were a Jeep (stiff) and a Subaru (nearly as stiff). Pretty much a joke. Stop completely at stop signs. Just drive through potholes, don't swerve around them. Essentially, I learned nothing about car control which would explain some of the vehicles I have sent to junkyards.

Now after 8 HPDE schools I can drive the company Taurus like I stole it and never squeal a tire. If I'd had just one of these when I was in school I may not have crashed half those cars.

The driver's license test is equally a joke. But it all conspires to keep me employed (insurance adjuster).
Old 01-08-2004, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default what you want a novel from me? it wasnt the instruction that was so interesting...

it was "individual learning" time i spent following all those weaving a$$holes on the highway.. aaah, they taught me well
Old 01-08-2004, 08:05 AM

Default when i took drivers ed it was super lame

but my dad was a rural mail carrier so he had showed me what a car could do by the time i was 14 the classes were just a formality

rock and roll
Old 01-08-2004, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I didn't get licensed until I was 18, because...

We were in Germany and europe. This was in 1967-68-69-70-71. No body drives legally, or hunts game, over there withour this minimum age; and passing extensive classes/testing lasting some months.

However they are amazing divers on the "Autobahn. Speeds exceeding 100mph are average, since at least at that time there were NO speed limits..

I came stateside in 1972, and got my first dirvers lic. in Wash, DC, which probally explains some of my fierce driving habits. Well, combined with my european experience....

I LOVE fast driving.....

Quick Reply: A pointless inquiry about your drivers education :)