S4 loses oil pan story..............

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 loses oil pan story..............

Stopped in to see my old boss at a local fast food place I worked at. There is a body shop next door and they had a B5 silver S4 in the lot. The car look fine except for the puddle of oil under it and the cracked wheel well and front lip. I guess the car belongs to the owner of the restaurant chain. He had stopped at a Dunkin Donuts to grab a coffee and I guess he hit a big pot hole when leaving the parking lot before he went to his restuarant. He never got out to check anything just kept driving for about 20 mins until he got to the restuarant. I guess when he pulled into the parking lot at the restaurant his oil light came on. He asked one of the managers (my old boss) for advice. So they came out and checked the car and it was 3qrts low. So they added oil and it just poured right back out. He tore a huge hole in oil pain, cracked both wheel wells and the front lip of the bumper. Now the car is at the body shop next door to be fixed.

Moral of the story:

Always get out and check. Its not worth taking anychances. I'm sure his turbos didn't like the 20 mins of no oil pressure.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:25 AM

Default at least i'm smart enought to avoid the potholes it's the speedbumps i worry about

for some reason when somone has a speedbump built here they make it really steep so creeping over it results in my front end smacking it like a hammer hitting my oilpan
i have to get the speed just right so i'm not molesting my suspension but still fast enough to avoid my oil pan gettting smacked around like johnny cage (from mortal combat)

the kicker is i'm really good friends with the construction guys and they have orders from on high to make em like that

arrrrgggg!
Old 04-16-2004, 06:24 AM

Default SKIDPLATE....duh

geesh.....HDPE is cheap. everyone should have one. makes you feel like a rally driver too!
Old 04-16-2004, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thats nothin :D

At the Gingerman event last weekend I saw a VW GTI with a cracked oil pan, and it a few holes in the block too. Engine is a total loss, there is a picture of it too, makes me sick!
I was riding in a car behind it, we hit some oil and spun out into the grass. Car had lots o mods done to it, too bad its a total loss.

Mike