wow a 4k NON QUATTRO question from me.. and its about the AUTOMATIC shifter!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow a 4k NON QUATTRO question from me.. and its about the AUTOMATIC shifter!

yes, the revival of the original rocketaudi is underway, funded by a higher power and money is no object to restore it to mint stock condition. yes, i know im blessed. the tuneups almost done and it should be running shortly, but a few things are bothering me. its an auto and the shifter locks into the gears properly, just not at the right place on the PRNDL screen. where do i adjust this cable? forgive my laziness in not looking for myself first but its freakin cold outside. then theres the matter of the subframe, i think i may have bent it in a little tiff with a curb a while back... should i try to straighten it or do i just go out and get a new one bc itll never be the same again? other things of note:

i now have a doorhandle that doesnt work. after laughing at everyones doorhandle problems bc the uberaudi doesnt have any, god has seen fit to punish me accordingly. i can fix it but i just thought you might like to know. and if not, sucks for you, you already know it now.

im gonna try to play the "the exhaust is rusting out" bit and see if i can get permission for a new catback. anyone know the stock 84 4ks pipe size offhand? bc if you do and you tell me itll save me seven seconds.

the brake proportioning valve was crappy last i checked, is that a bitch and a half to change? im not planning on tackling that till its warmer, im assuming i have to bleed the brake lines and everything. i wanna do the rear disc conversion...

i found a front license plate bracket! 22.87 at the dealer. not too shabby!

last but not least, the cars been sitting for over a year now. it drives, despite the unhappy bent rim and subframe and dire need of an oil change. is there anything else i should check or replace, anywhere on the car, that might be obscure or overlookable? and does the 1.8L have an ISV that i can clean? i looked but theres nothing in there like the one on the 2.2.

and now that ive rambled on at 2 am and my fingers are tired, im going to bed. thanks to anyone who read this far, thanks a lot to anyone who read this far and has any constructive comments. if any of you think i should have been in bed a long time ago feel free to post about that too.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default When I replaced my proportional brake valve on my '83

it was very expensive, my mechanic charges me around $600.00 inclusive of redoing the rear brakes.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Door handle

I found this on eBay didn't know if it was what you needed.<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=33642&amp;item =1876502998">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=33642&amp;item =1876502998</a</li></ul>
Old 01-08-2003, 07:10 PM

WAY overpriced... Is $28.84 at carpartstogo.com..