looking for radiator support and drivers side headlight support

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid glue....you can go with a little blue if you care but I just press them on like all the other Bosch rotors I've ever seen. Hated destroying a couple of probably still good rotors at 52K(they were replaced by dealer at 25K). Just crush, then clean off glue on shaft....Stupid.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Set screw were black rotors and I've never seen a distributor that was actually meant for set screw but they were produced. Back in the day, the parts guys said passenger was set screw, and my Lago is still sporting that rotor and has been fine all these years, even though it should be Bosch red and "glued".
Old 06-09-2018, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

thanks tom and bob. parts are ordered. may try to clean the contacts in the meanwhile and see if there is noticeable improvement. i showed a friend of mine pics of the cap and rotor from the drivers side and he was not impressed with the amount of wear and tear.

does anyone remember where the thread about upgrading the water pump to the A8 version is hiding (from me at least)? that seems like a great idea if in fact its possible. would love to lower the coolant temperature that way. thanks.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

follow-up to myself (even though i still can't find the thread) is that water pump 077121004A was replaced by 077121004g, is interchangeable, and has a smaller pulley and thus runs faster at all engine speeds?
Old 06-09-2018, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

from a parallel universe (or "paraverse" as isaac asimov would say):

https://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic....ade+water+pump
Old 06-11-2018, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

pump upgrade was from ABH 4.2 motor, not A8. I recently got rotors from FCPeuro but original caps are elusive. I recall people saying a cap from a 4cylinder vw from that era fit and recently found some 033650 that "should" fit, just haven't ordered 2 to verify. Pearl is looking clean! Tom
Old 06-11-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is from Lago car and has 35K on it....mine has more wear on center and I always lube with silicone grease. Not sure why, but they get funky quick. 5-speed looks same and runs perfect so unless theres crack between posts(pull black cover off), probably fine.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

tom,

good pic of the distributor cap. after several tries to reorder oem bosch parts, i have Intermotor caps on the way from advance auto parts and stardard motor products rotors from rock auto.

also have pearl radiator and headlight supports on the way from shokan, in addition to a fender clip. found a drivers side parking light from allumsimports.com, and a complete drivers headlight from ebay (via california_bumpers_and_body_parts). some fasteners from ecs tuning in ohio, and even a small order of VAG 811807577C fasteners from a place in germany called www.bossmobil.net. i will let you know of they turn out to be a good supplier.

the only thing i appear to be missing from my parts haul is the dreaded fender seal that goes around the drivers side parking light, part #441823737D (i believe the right-side part number is #441823738D).

there is (1) for sale on ebay for like $160. used, and in germany. if anyone has or knows of any for sale here or abroad, let me know. thanks.

vince .
Old 06-21-2018, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default for Tom, who likes to cut up fuel filters . . .

well, phase I of the rehab is complete. never did blink codes (but i did stick an led on a breadboard for future use), but after changing plugs, rotors, caps, and fuel filter, engine now starts quickly and revs freely.

phase II is an oil change, including removal and (if necessary) desludging the lower oil sump cover. waiting on a gasket to do that. phase II may also include a brake flush, to continue with the theme of fluids.

phase III is removing radiator, ac condenser, and brake pressure accumulator, and getting car towed to the body shop down the street so they can pull out the left side member so that the left bumper shock absorber mounting is even with the right shock absorber mounting. will be sending "bomb" to audibombs.com for a hoped-for rebuild, and the hoses to spokane house of hoses for reburbishing. not sure if there is any place in STL that does similar work, but i will look in case the hoses can be done locally.

phase IV is the all-important timing belt change, in which i plan to include a water pump and the various rollers, dampers, and seals.

taking a trip to NC for a while, so ETA on road-testing (aka having fun w/the car) is sometime in september. stay tuned!

breadboard ECU blinker

circa-2006 fuel filter. dirty?!?
Old 06-24-2018, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ha, you're a filter cutter like me. I was trying to access my photo bucket account to find the pic of an original filter on one of the parts cars. Rumor has it that all/some cars were shipped from the factory with orange colored Audi filters. I have a pic of a parts car filter I cut open that didn't run when I got it and it was orange and had 175K......like nobody ever thought to change it. New filter car lit right up but auto tranny slipped so I parted it. Since I had trouble with photo bucket, will just post a pic of the "filled for life" auto tranny pan magnets from same car.....lots of metal. Awesome car is up and running...Good job, Tom

Quick Reply: looking for radiator support and drivers side headlight support