since others are posting new to them Audis

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a dealership, is that a nice trade in at wholesale price?
Old 12-24-2006, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

yes it's at a dealership, yes wholesale :-)
Old 12-24-2006, 06:06 AM

looks like merry christmas to you!!
Old 12-24-2006, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Cool I'm only about 1/2 hr away in Cols!

You coming Saturday or is it still up in the air?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Hey...Since you have a couple of days, are U sure your NOT gonna change your mind again?

So much for having the spare room ready...at least the awesome 'spirits' won't go to waste!

Congrats on your acquisition! Have a safe journey back home...
Old 12-24-2006, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default weekend of the 29th-31st..come one come all

But Saturday is the gathering. Me a few listers will be leaving from Michigan early Sat morn to get to Springfield. Map says it should take 3 to 4hrs.....but you know...speed limit....what speed limit ;-)

The guys meeting me there who are commin from the East Coast will be staying overnight & then back to Ma$$ to get the 4.2 motor in the car, front & rear 2Benn coilovers, rear sway bar, 18x8 OZ Cronos, Euros, rear Treser lights, front smoked bumper turnsignals..ohhhhh I CAN'T WAIT!
Then after driving round with the 4.2 motor as it is I'll gather the DTM parts I'm sourcing for it to turn it into a mean mean monster!
Old 12-24-2006, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ha ha ha

I won't change my mind again...but I did see a...LOL

& you never know when I'll be out your way...keep that "spair" room ready for me ;->

& thank you Barbie! Stay safe!!
Old 12-24-2006, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not wasting any time with the mods. That will be nice.

Careful with those Chronos though. I had a 17X8 set on my UrS4 and they were very bendy.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No time but the present

as far as the mods go. I was going to convert my Pearl V8 a while ago to 6spd...just now I made it easier on myself.
When I swap the motor I'll drop in De 6gang.
I all ready have a fresh 4.2 motor ready to go. I was going to twin turbo the motor but kinda being a purist I thought I would stay true to the V8 & keep it NA. So I figured why not make a replica DTM motor! This will prolly happen next Winter cause as I mentioned I just did a complete T-belt on the motor..replaced every little o-ring, gasket, seal,...everything.
So over the Summer I'll get oversized Intake valves, HD valve springs, adjustable cam chain sprokets, reground cams, Port & Polish, reworked Intake manifold, Longer Tooby headers, reworked ECU, ARP studs to hold everything together...should prove to be quiet nice.
Then not to mention the other suspension goodies I have should look & drive like a monster!

But I'm allso building a 2.6l stroker motor. That I'm putting in a 90 Coupe Q by the end of this Winter or I'de start the V8 stuff rite away.
I've only owned V8's for 5 years but have come to aprectate the the I don't know man It's hard to explain till you drive...or own one how fantastic these cars are! Not saying that the stroker CQ ain't going to be fun shooting for 600whp out of that! But just no feeling like driving a 400'ish whp V8..end of story.

But as far as the Cronos...yah I've heard the same thing. I basically got the rims for a song & dance...& it was not the samba I danced..LOL..but thats why I got the OZ SL's. thinking of getting them powder coated Anthresite..or Gunmetal..or Black with a polished lip..Ummmmmm

But hey whats you going to drive there?

One thing I can tell you is that there will be alot of nice cars. The guy I'm/were going to see one of his customers had his 90 200 10V converted & put a 3.6l V8 motor in it. There will be a 400whp 200 20V.
Heres my thread on another board I frequent http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13346.
& for that mtter anyone else who cares to take a look. Lot's of very cool things going on there!
Old 12-24-2006, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: No time but the present

Very cool! Love the sound of the V8s. I'll be bringing my 200 20v TQA if I drive. I just got it about a month ago. I've got a set of chips from Ben Swann along with a 2.5 PT and a stiffer WG spring from Ben. (Runs really nice I would highly recommend this setup for a stock turbo).

I have a couple buddies that might want to come as well so if one of them wants to take their car I'll probably ride so I can have a few beers.

Looking forward to it. Sounds like a good time.

Chad

Quick Reply: since others are posting new to them Audis