So long everyone..

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So long everyone..

I have no more use for this forum, It has become nothing more than garbage information and confrontation. When somebody who actually knows what they are talking about, like steve ankney or toxcheep, offer assistance they get contradicted by people who have no clue like boxerfan, and gtstyle. There are other forums with much better people. If you doubt me check the post frequency of the guys who are really good with t44's.. they almost don't exist anymore. Those who so desire to reach me know my email or can find it around here somewhere.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:41 PM

Somewhat agree. Goodluck, thank you for your services/advice.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Don't let differing personalities and styles chase you.

It's frustrating I know. Be the better person!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not to be harsh...

But your post seems pretty off base; this forum is rarely confrontational. Boxer, especially, is one of the guys that throws out ideas and brainstorms and has a lot of good information. Not sure what the deal is here, but you're wrong about guys like Tox and Steve Ankney leaving because they get contradicted. They spend a lot of time over on Motorgeek, which is admittedly more hardcore and a better fit for what they are doing with their rigs. Trust me, they can take care of themselves and didn't get run out of this forum and still check in from time to time.

Your last few posts have been what's confrontational... "How do you figure?" and "Who really cares??" are not exactly choice for a warm atmosphere. Sharing information is not about being right or wrong or getting "contradicted." Nobody's keeping score here, but you seem pretty touchy about it.

It would be too bad to lose a good poster, but if you go, good luck and take good care of your rig.

late :: nick
Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Lane Shark

When have I contradicted Steve or Tox? Meh, what ever. I got no bad feelings w/ ya.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:17 AM

ditto
Old 06-06-2006, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Too bad this list is losing another resource...

but you have been quick to criticize others, myself included. Was the "Now that you're done Shotgunning parts at it" comment was a little unnecessary. If you would have taken the time to read the post entirely, you might have gleaned that "known good..." does not mean, ordered brand new parts from $tealer. Yes, I have 2 5kcstq's, and I am able to swap "known good" parts back and forth between the two.
While I appreciate all of the help you've provided with my car, I do not need to be patronized like a 13 yr old.

That being said, no one is pleading for you to re-consider. Also, I hope you addressed boxerfan and GTstyle with these issues prior to posting to the list-that would be an unfortunate mistake on your part.

Regardless of all that water that is now under the bridge, good luck to you, wherever you end up.

So long, farewell,
Jim
Old 06-06-2006, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default it's drama time!

meh, it's the intarweb....laadee da. if you let things get to you here, good luck with the rest of life.

This site is a resource. There's tons of good people and information here. It'd be way better if the AW moderator's weren't so stupid about their format. ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!?!

I don't even have ANY idea why you're leaving, but i know it's probably dumb....i don't follow posts much here. once there off the first page, see ya.

this seems ot happen every couple years here....i love still living in the 5th grade every couple years. makes me feel young! :-P
Old 06-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Lane Shark

Default I wasn't addressed, not sure about Boxer. I think this is like when folks claim they're

gonna commit suicide to get folks to rally around them.
If he was gonna leave he would have, or like you said tried to address issues w/ other posters 1st.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default my thoughts

I'm sorry "you" feel bad about this forum ..." I " do not feel that way and disagree with you on a number of points.

( I have no more use for this forum, )

well time to move on , Note:when moving on do it in a professional way ,don't burn your bridges ... oops might be too late.

( It has become nothing more than garbage information and confrontation. )

Never have I had a confrontation on this forum even with 1145 post to my name. It must be my personality . [you might have to read into that one ]

( When somebody who actually knows what they are talking about, like steve ankney or toxcheep, offer assistance they get contradicted by people who have no clue like boxerfan, and gtstyle. )

Who made you the judge and jury on all posts pertaining to AW ? Furthermore Boxerfan and GTstyle are always there to help and yes they do have opinions ... I may not always agree with their options , but I would never be rude or confrontational .

( There are other forums with much better people. )
and how are you measuring this .... ? oh yes you are Judge and Jury I forgot .

(If you doubt me check the post frequency of the guys who are really good with t44's..
they almost don't exist anymore. )
I don't have the time in my life to worry about these sorts of things ....

( Those who so desire to reach me know my email or can find it around here somewhere. )

I wish you luck with your V8 and and your future.
And have no bad feeling . thanks for all your help and advise.

Dave

Quick Reply: So long everyone..