V8 Day one ( questions )

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V8 Day one ( questions )

Well Last night I picked up my " new to me " 93 V8 .... perfect timing as it was kind of snowing.
What an awesome car !!!
I have a few question as I don't have the owners manual or a Bentley on this car.
1) Radio is on Safe, I have the code, but don't know how to enter it ... yes tried.
2) what is the rectangular box above the CD player in the trunk.
3) where did they hide the fuse box ? or is there just one big F^%$$ circuit breaker ha ha.
4) now I know I'm not stupid ... I spent 2 yrs in school to train as an aircraft mechanic I've worked on turbine, I-4,
I-6, I-5 , opposing 6 , V8s V6 , jet engines ... I'm getting to my embarrassing question ...where are the spark plugs
and wires ? ( I = Inline )
5) thanks :-)
V8 Rookie
Old 11-14-2003, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: V8 Day one ( questions )

Spark plugs are located under the black cover with 32V written on it. It takes a 5mm allen wrench to remove the bolts. There are two distributors, one located behind each cylinder head.

The fuse box/relays is located on the passenger side footwell there are two ***** that will loosen and you can remove the carpet covered cover.

Go to the following link to learn about unlocking your radio.

Buy a bentley CD which cover your car or subscribe to www.alldatadiy.com

4) now I know I'm not stupid ... I spent 2 yrs in school to train as an aircraft mechanic I've worked on turbine, I-4,
I-6, I-5 , opposing 6 , V8s V6 , jet engines ... I'm getting to my embarrassing question ...where are the spark plugs
and wires ? ( I = Inline )

Not a stupid question until you ask us where is the battery.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiquattroparts.com/technical_tips/audi_gamma_radio_lockout_tip.htm">Safe radio unlocking</a></li></ul>
Old 11-14-2003, 08:07 AM

Hi,
Welcome to the luxury side of power motoring! Try the kickdown in sport mode when you are doing 40 mph!!!!!!!!!!!!! Manual mode is good fun too.
Lovely in the snow, with everyone else slip/sliding away............

Some answers:- no 1 &amp; 2 (Pass on them, I replaced my radio with a Blaupunkt CD Player). The box in the boot might be a bass box?????? or a very expensive Optional extra in the UK!

no 3:- The fuse box is by my right foot (UK right hand drive). There is a little knurled **** that you undo and pull off the fuse box cover.
no 4:- Spark Plugs are under the black plastic covers that say 32 valve DOHC. Two screws for each cover. The wires stretch under the airbox.
To remove the airbox, undo the 4 big screws on the airbox cover, then there are 3 screws behind it too (do not put them back, as theya re a PITA to remove), lift out filter. 2 nuts hold the air box to the inlet manifold - remove that, and there are the wires! Easy

Hope that helps.

Regards
Old 11-14-2003, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: battery is under rear seat THANKS JOL / AudiqV8, note attached

they seem like stupid questions untill you can't find what you are looking for ...just love the car wow what a difference to my 5000 cd tq ( I still like the 5000 )
JOL I was born in Oxford, but now live in Canada. what is the cost of insuring one of the V8 in England ? Gas, sorry petrol is 58cent/L
regards
Dave
Old 11-14-2003, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default cool dave, I'm glad you are happy with it:)

If I ever dcide to drive up and see my friend in thunder bay, maybe we could meet up?
Old 11-14-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: battery is under rear seat THANKS JOLS/ AudiqV8, note attached

Hi again, my insurance is £650 this year, should be less next year. £650 GB Pounds! Fully Comp, but I am 34 years old and live in a low crime town.
Oxford is v. scenic with superb old buildings! Only an hour away from me, BUT it is a fantastic drive on a twisty road with no speed cameras!
Petrol is 75 pence per litre (alot with an 80 litre tank at 25 mpg)
Sacrifices have to be made to drive one of these.

Regards
Old 11-15-2003, 06:37 AM

The box may be a cell phone transmitter. thats where mine is. Does it have the built in phone in the arm rest?