034 transmission mounts came in

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 034 transmission mounts came in

ordered them on Friday morning, they were in my mailbox last night (HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FAST) and yeah, i didnt check my mailbox last night :-S anyways, another 35 minutes at work and a 40 minute drive home, and i get to install them, super stocked!!! as i wont have to hear the clunking noise from the trans anymore. will post pix of the old ones
Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

as promised old ones, and 034 street density mounts. took about 1.5 hours to do them with basic hand tools.
took it around the block, and there is allot less klunking going on now, still have some however... so next thing is the aluminum subfraime mounts... but that's a whole different project...
Attached Images     
Old 02-09-2011, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Man, those were completely broken! Mine were just collapsed all the way. I went with new OE mounts, we'll see how long they last, but it made things much quieter and smoother.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ow yeah, shifts nicer, i dont have a vibration at around 75mph and i dont hear my transsmition bouncing up and down
Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

CRAZY - could you please photograph where those mounts are located on the underside of the car?

I'm assuming (hoping) that you have a 01N auto transmission, but even if you don't, you would be helping me out a LOT in giving me a general area to look at. If I remember correctly, they're all pretty close to a general location.

I'm pulling the Cab out of storage for the weekend, and plan on doing a lot of the prep work for the upcoming Rag-Top season.

1) Wet-sand/Clear-coat bumpers,

2) Transmission fluid/filter (now that I know that the metal hard-tube coming out of the drain pan is just the dipstick tube, not a main supply),

3) Flowmaster 44 (upgrading to a 2.5" in order to deepen the tone a bit),

4) Cone filter & intake,

5) Brake pads & hardware.

If I already have her up in the air, I might as well just do the mounts and get it over with...
Old 02-10-2011, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i have 01A 5 speed manual (i hate automatics) i should have it up on a lift tomorrow and ill snap some photos. but the mounts on auto and manual are the same. they are on the back side of your subframe (towards the back of the car) they are quite a pain to get to because of the down pipes, the main bolt is right in the middle of the down pipe and that makes it almost impossible to get a wretched in there as you have about 1.5"-2" clearance in between, and the mounts are cupped.
i would actually avoid a cone filter and do the same setup as my, part of the reason being is that your still going to be sucking allot of hot air in and your MAF is going to be getting oil particles on it. also if you dig around the archives, there is a flow results for different filter by different manufacturers for our cars, the stock audi one flows just a bit less then the K&N one but it provides batter filtration then K&N.
other then that, you got a good list going on there! keep it up:-)
Old 02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Loudgoldwing, as promised :-) i hope this helps
Attached Images   
Old 02-12-2011, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nice! I'm about to order mine as well. I think I might go with the race density ones, I can't stand the clunking and how much the drive train moves.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My motor mounts, tranny mounts, and rear diff mounts all went out, and I replaced them at the same time. I can't even explain the difference it made. Not only the noise, clunking, and feel, but even the handling of the car. 100% better.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm doing aluminum subfraime mounts in a next month or so. bu yeah, these are nice!
Traveler, tu otkyda?

Quick Reply: 034 transmission mounts came in