APR doesnt list the snub mount for the 90 on their site anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

APR doesnt list the snub mount for the 90 on their site anymore?
Old 07-06-2004, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never have... I got the '96 A4 mount
Old 07-06-2004, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah so the snub for the V6 carried over to the a4? gotcha
Old 07-06-2004, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

just get one from Abnormaly Aspirated/UrS4
Old 07-06-2004, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default or the APR...

;o)

Mike
Old 07-06-2004, 05:17 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default but it's important to note they are dramatically different in durometer hardness...

APR's is harder at 78-80 Durometer and mine is softer, more forgiving at 70-72 Durometer.

Go with their's for racing and more frequent transmission mount replacements and mine for more dual purpose, street/track compliance and longer transmission mount replacement intervals.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

In comparison, how hard is the stock snub?
Old 07-06-2004, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default speaking of yours...is there a right or wrong way to install it?

i.e. is there a specific direction it should face? Or will that become apparent once I get under there?
I'm planning on installing it with my next oil change, so I only have to remove the bottom engine cover once.
Thanks.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:31 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default same as mine when new, ie; 70-72 Duro. But the difference is "contact patch"...

stock has a 1/4" rib and mine or APR's have a full body outside diameter. The latter snubs are able to spread their contact patch over the full surface of the snub body rather than just a small spot in it. Both of which will serve to tighten things up significantly even with like/similar durometer hardnesses. The stock one while having a similar hardness to mine when new being Buna rubber loses it's hardness, resiliance and compliance very quickly in terms of comparison to urethane due to it's rubber composition and thin dampening contact crown. Thats why most/many of them are cracked with chunks broken away and missing upon removal. Once they're a few years old they are only 40 Durometer hardness and they can't hold back engine deflection and buna rubber can't withstand those kinds of deflections without cracking/crumbling the same way urethane can. And urethane is impervious to all the things that break Buna rubber down including gas, oil, solvents, ozone and repeated impact.

When I first started casting these I made them in durometer hardnesses from 54 durometer to 100 durometer in 2 durometer incremental hardnesses. It was an easy choice deciding which one worked the best. The 70-72 Durometer hardness clearly provided the best "feel" and compliance for anything short of full-race use.
Ask over at the B5 or Performance forums for those that have used both APR and mine which they like better. XR4Tic has tested ALL snub makes from Greeds to APR and all snubs in between and wrote an article on them and says mine is clearly the best designed and feeling unit he's tried to date. And that it fit the best and is the most "invisible" and forgiving to use while still providing dramatic improvement over the others he's tried that were even harder compounds.

Others at the 12V and other forums who have replaced their GS. APR and all others and installed mine have said the same thing. In fact there is not one person thats exchanged mine for the APR, GS or other who hasn't said it is clearly the better feeling unit. And of course mine, unlike the APR or any/all other snubs on the market has a full lifetime satisfaction guarantee. "Satisfaction" being the key word. And that it costs less than the APR and includes free shipping hasn't hurt sales either.

And like all my other mods I've yet to refund my first dime over "satisfaction" or any other reason.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:43 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

it'll be VERY apparent due to the cast o-ring seat on the car mount and the snub mount

Quick Reply: APR doesnt list the snub mount for the 90 on their site anymore?