OT and x-post, but I wanted to share this with you guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT and x-post, but I wanted to share this with you guys

So far, I'm having a damn good week.

Gave my notice at work on Tuesday. No new job, just a crazy plan to go back to school full-time and survive on my savings and student loans for the next year or so. My last day is December 3rd, so I get to keep my health insurance through the end of the year. It's also the day before my 31st b-day, so there's some symbolism in that I guess (three decades over, the best is yet to come).

Didn't work today because it was our corporate annual meeting day. Free breakfast, free lunch, and a pretty nifty gift bag with a first aid/emergency kit for the car, plus gift certificates for 3 free washes at Executive Car Care. There's crazy construction going on at our building, so everyone's car is always filthy.

Also got my 5 years of service gift, which was a pretty sweet stainless coffee mug, another week of vacation (most of which I'll get paid for when I leave), and two freebie floating holidays to use whenever I want, obviously in the next couple of weeks ;-).

Then I get home, and I have a message inviting me to come interview for a job I sent a resume in for last week. The best part? The job is at the college I'm attending! Which, if I get it, means no student loans because full-time staff take classes for free!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Awesome. Especially free tuition.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep. ;-)

One of the reasons I'm leaving my current job is because they revised their tuition reimbursement policy; if it's not related to your current position they won't pay for it anymore. I'm in QA/project management now, and going to school for Accounting so I paid for this semester out of my own pocket and finally decided, fvck it, I might as well leave, go full time and take out loans so I can finish quicker.
The potential job at the school I'm going to is just the icing on the cake.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:24 PM

thats awesome man =D good luck with that