Ride height and final spring rates are now dialed in...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: yea. That'd be really the major driving force (young pilots like cheap). So yea, after your expe

i appreciate both of your input Q-pilot and Mance. That helps me alot for deciding what to experiment with this summer. i think before I go the no sway bar route Id like to get a 19mm neuspeed bar(i may end up not even needing it) for the rear and instead of going with the RS2 front bar.. just keep with the stock front bar. then go with 450# front(or close to) & around 550-600# rear depending on what i can find. It sounds like I should really try some differents rate before even bothering with that neuspeed bar.

are Eibach race springs in the different lengths easy to come by? I dont have a clue what mine are right now. im going to assume 8" before doing any removal/measuring.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Try and get H&R race springs if you can. The reason I've ended up @ 550# fronts is to stop nose

dive and help with the efficiency of weight transfer during mad braking. You with your big brakes will probably find the same.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default any reason on recommending H&R race over eibach

what lengths are you running front and rear Rob?

6" f and 8" rear? any reason you decided with that? im assuming Mance has 9" up front because of the different geometry of the housings and the custom everything =)
Old 04-22-2007, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default no real reason... just what me & keeg been using and they've been kickass springs. I don't see

why the Eibach would be any worse. I'm just biased =P

Front for me is 6"
Rear is 8"

I prefer the taller spring in the rear because it allows me to set the perch more in the mid-to-lower area of the collar. I feel that this helps set the balance point/fulcrum of the spring lower. WIth a 6" spring the perches had to be prettymuch at the top of the collar at my desired ride height, and this to me seems really tippy.

I have the short springs in the front b/c I wanted the car lower than would be possible if I used 8" springs. That's the only reason for that. As it is with the 6" springs the perches are almost right to the bottom as it is.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: no real reason...

ok, i figured that was your reasoning for the lengths. i will probably go that route as well since i will want that adjustment to be made for the front.