so my 90cs apparently went to a bad parent

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so my 90cs apparently went to a bad parent

some of you older folk remember I sold my 95 90cs to a kid who worked for a mitsibishi dealer who needed a car....I had bought a new Scion tC.

within a week after the sale I got notified the car was in impound and they were trying to determine ownership because the guy got arrested for dui. I let them know I had submitted the release of responsibility to the dmv. anyway, I got a letter from "Victim Witness" recently saying I'm apparently a "victim" somehow and may be entitled to "restitution". DMV apparently doesn't keep records very well.

I was tempted to ask for compensation merely because this kid let my 90cs go for pennies when it was a great car with no issues. I sold that car for a grand or so to help him out and he got arrested and let the car go without knowing what he had done.

btw, I put 18k miles on the Scion and although it is a great car for the money, I am working a deal to replace it with either the A3 in arctic white or the new GTI.

Gonna take an upside down hit on the 05 Scion but I love the A3 2.0T.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Sucks about your old 90. Have you considered a Mini for your next car?

I can understand if you want to stay with VW, but I like the Mini much more than the cars you mentioned, especially for the money. We had a 01 TTQ up until a few months ago too so it's not like I'm not familiar with the newer VWs.

Any chance you can recover the 90 from the impound yard?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No

not a fan of the mini....I might as well get a TT....jk. even though I got a letter from "victim witness" stating that apparently I'm a victim in the kid's DUI, I had submitted the release of responsibility to the DMV. I must still show as the owner because he didn't register the car. I might be able to get it back but that would be bad karma since it's not the truth.