Thank God for BBS Germany!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank God for BBS Germany!

BBS Germany came thru for me. I have a set of 16" BBS RN's on my car and about a month ago
I hit a pothole with standing water in it. My stupidity kicked in and instead of evading the hole I drove over and into it. One of my rims got bent and the tire went to hell. The pothole was an unfilled gas company job. (What a surprise, a street job by the gas company left unfinished) I called the Tire Rack and they gave me their ususal **** and bull story about the rims not being sold in the US anymore and that I would have to purchase a new set of different rims from them(like that's going to happen). I was informed by them that the other 3 rims could be sent to a recycler. I was pissed.
To put it simply I rang up BBS Germany told them my problem, they replied that they had heard complaints about the Tire Rack before and that they would whip me up a new rim at a nominal cost.
Got the rim Tuesday and I'm delighted. They told me if I had anymore problems with my BBS rims to give them a call. Now that's service. As for the Tire Rack, I think something's going to happen between them and BBS Germany.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:39 AM

Default Ive been pretty satisfied with tire rack.. but..

When I ordered brakes for my '95 90 and my '93 100, they only send the ones for the 100.. when I contacted them, their attitude was "you never ordered another set" - even though I had the bill proving I paid for them..

After a couple of weeks, they finally sent me the other brakes, and put some money back on my credit card..
Old 01-23-2002, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you contact TireRack in the future...

make sure you talk to either Luke or Eddie from over in the Wheels & Tires forum. They know Audi stuff and would probably be more willing to work with you than if you just call up TireRack directly.

Scott
Old 01-23-2002, 01:54 PM

Default that shouldn't be required...

They are a business, you are a paying customer. They should look after you without you having to "know someone". I believe panzerwagen was willing to pay for a replacement wheel, but Tirerack apparently wasn't willing to do too much leg work for a small sale of only 1 rim. Maybe it's just myself that would expect better treatment after paying for a set of wheels & tires and offering to pay AGAIN for a replacement rim...
Old 01-23-2002, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You're right...it shouldn't be required, but it certainly could help.

Either way, I'm not sure why anybody would expect TireRack to replace a wheel that's no longer for sale in the United States... TireRack is probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest) wheel distributor in the country. Asking TireRack to special order a wheel is like asking Walmart to special order a CD for you...or better yet, its like asking your Audi dealer to special order an RS4 for you (another thing only available in Europe.)

That being said, my whole point is that TireRack has representatives that specialize in Audi. Why would you want to talk to somebody who doesn't know a 90 from an A4?