Water leak '93 90CSQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak '93 90CSQ

I have a boatload (or at least enough water to float a small boat) of water that has somehow gotten inside the cabin. After noticing that some water seemed to be coming in on the trim poece next to the clutch pedal, I have proceeded to take most of my front panel apart to see what else was going on in there. Water was running in through the grommet that the hood release cable was routed through. The drain in the tray where the electrical panel works fine, so it's not that. After taking out the driver's seat as well and poking around a bit more under the carpet I found a whole bunch of water in the padding.

There is just so much water that I can't see that little bit that comes in through the hood release cable port doing it all. I'm trying to let the padding dry out to see if there might be another entry point. It seems to be confined to the driver's side.
Old 05-18-2002, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm in the same boat. sorta

My carpet is soaked and I have been looking dilegently to locate the leak(s). Yesterday I put silicone on the roof slots that my roof rack go into. May be different on my CQ then your CSQ. I also ripped the rear lights off because they were leaking. My next thought is the sunroof seal.. I haven't checked any grommets coming in but that's on the list. Keep me updated on your progress and if I find anything else that leaks I'll let you know. Good thing Audi never made an amphacar...
Old 05-18-2002, 12:04 PM

Default Re: I'm in the same boat. sorta

Still trying to get the water out. It will be a while before that is finished.

When it rains, check the hood release lever. It was coming in drop-by-drop, so it was hard to notice. And since it never seems to leave the padding under the carpet, I wonder if a small amount of water over a long period of time could cause that much water to build up. As the siver lining in this whole mess, it's nice to see all the cool features that they used to put this together at the same time that I will give the carpet a really good cleaning where I can't normally reach witha a vacuum (already found a pine cone). It's on a completely different quality scale as opposed to old Acura. But the only time that leaked was when I accidentially left the windows open then left town for a week when it rained cats and dogs at home(can't blame that on the car).

You know anything about the differences between the A4 2.8L 12v engine and the 90 2.8L 12v engine? I wonder if some of the mods would be interchangable? I have only seen the 90 engine up close, so I'm not sure.