Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A1
Reload this Page > A1 1.4 TDI starting issue
Notices
Audi A1 Discussion forum for the Audi A1

A1 1.4 TDI starting issue

Old 03-28-2017, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A1 1.4 TDI starting issue

Hi people, writing for the first time. I am an owner of Audi A1 2015 1.4 TDI for a year and a half an I am allready having problem with starting the car. It happens ocassionaly that the car won´t start properly. And after few times it eventualy starts. How it looks like will describe a video below. Did anyone of you had the same issue and could anyone know what is the problem? Thank you.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Is it cold? I've experienced similar problems when it was extremely cold, in my 1.6TDI VW. Does it help if you press the throttle after you start the car? Sounds like cylinders misfiring to me. You should definitely take it to the dealer.
Btw, my guesses are just noob guesses. I could be totally wrong. Wait till someone more experienced chimes in.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the same issue

i am second owner of a 2011 A1, on mid July the car didn't start anymore, I scanned it and saw sensor issues related to the transmission unit.
Took it to the dealer and they said the issue was the complete mechatronic unit... OK, I payed.... around U$1600

Search this Thread