Audi A2 Discussion forum for the Audi A2

UK: A2 door mirror housing removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK: A2 door mirror housing removal

I have a right hand drive 2001 Audi A2 1.4 TDI. How do I remove the door mirror housing passenger side?
Old 02-13-2023, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

watch this video, maybe it will help you i hope
Old 01-02-2024, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To remove the door mirror housing on the passenger side of your 2001 Audi A2 1.4 TDI, follow these steps. First, gently pry off the interior mirror trim panel inside the car. Locate the electrical connector and detach it. Next, remove the three bolts securing the mirror to the door frame. Carefully pull the mirror housing away from the door, ensuring not to damage the paint. If the mirror is electrically adjustable, disconnect the wiring. Reverse these steps to install the new mirror housing. Always refer to your vehicle's manual for specific instructions, and if unsure, seek professional assistance for a safe and accurate removal process.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:11 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To remove the door mirror housing on the passenger side of your right-hand drive 2001 Audi A2 1.4 TDI, you'll generally follow these steps. Please note that the specific steps may vary slightly depending on the exact model and year of your vehicle, so it's always a good idea to consult your vehicle's manual or seek professional assistance if you're unsure.

Here's a general guide:
Disconnect the Battery: As a safety precaution, it's a good idea to disconnect the battery before working on any electrical components of the vehicle.
Remove the Mirror Glass: You'll need to carefully pry off the mirror glass from its housing. This can often be done by inserting a flat-head screwdriver or a trim removal tool behind the glass and gently applying pressure to release the clips holding it in place. Be careful not to break the glass.
Access the Screws: Once the mirror glass is removed, you should see the screws or bolts that hold the mirror housing in place. These are typically located behind the glass or within the housing itself.
Remove the Screws/Bolts: Use the appropriate tool (often a Torx or Phillips screwdriver) to remove the screws or bolts securing the mirror housing. Keep track of these fasteners as you'll need them for reassembly.
Disconnect the Wiring (if applicable): If your mirror housing has electrical components such as heating or power adjustment, there may be wiring harnesses connected to it. Carefully disconnect these connectors
Remove the Housing: Once all screws, bolts, and wiring are disconnected, you should be able to carefully pull the mirror housing away from the door. Be mindful of any clips or retaining tabs that may still be holding it in place.
Install the New Housing (if replacing): If you're replacing the mirror housing, simply reverse the process by aligning the new housing with the mounting points, reconnecting any wiring, and securing it in place with the screws or bolts.
Reattach the Mirror Glass: Carefully press the mirror glass back into place, ensuring it clips securely.
Reconnect the Battery: Once everything is securely reassembled, reconnect the vehicle's battery.
Test the Mirror: Before driving, test the mirror to ensure it functions correctly, including any power adjustments or heating features.

Remember, this is a general guide, and the specific steps and tools required may vary based on your vehicle's exact model and configuration. If you're not comfortable performing this task yourself, it's always best to seek assistance from a qualified mechanic or technician.
Old 04-01-2024, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This conversation has been insightful! The discussion reminds me of my experience in your field or many years. Here's a website I think you might find helpful: mobilemechanicforlv.com
Old 04-01-2024, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I truly enjoyed learning from this thread and the different perspectives shared. As someone with a background in this field], I thought you might be visit this website: mobilemechanicforlv.com