Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 Poll. Give me some feed back.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 Poll. Give me some feed back.

Alright, so I have ben bent on a 3.2 over a 2.0T but my mind started ticking the other day and this is what I am wondering....

Assume these two options, which would you choose based on pricing, also I am looking down the road a little, assuming Quattro and S Line?

2.0T Quattro, DSG
S-Line PKG.
Convenence PKG
Nav+/MMI
Sound Pkg.
Xenon etc....

or

3.2 Quattro DSG
Sport PKG
Xenon
Convenence PKG

For the above two, which do you choose? I would probably lean to the 2.0T actually. Reason I say this is....Say the 3.2 is 30K base....(Standard with Quattro and DSG)your prolly looking safely at about 35-36K for a loaded car, and thats assuming no S Line or Sky View.

Do you opt for less options and sacrafice a few things and 50 more HP, OR do you load out a 2.0T and get more for your dollar...

Keeping in mind you will be able to Revo Flash the car to get an extra 35-40 HP if you want the performance for 1/5th the price tag or MSRP. Not to mention tunability of the 2.0T (Think of current aftermarket for the 1.8T vs the 3.0) and fuel mileage....

Call me crazy but I am considering the 2.0T now too. At least its still an A3 =), but, reguardless, especially for a 2.0T I would want to see Quattro as an option ( I think 200+ is a little much for FWD) and also a SLine pkg later on)
Old 02-14-2005, 01:22 PM

Default I'm waiting for a quattro 2.0T.

The question for me will be whether I decide to go light on the options and try to keep the price and weight down, or whether I just go ahead and load it up and enjoy the luxuries.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: A3 Poll. Give me some feed back.

Save as above, but minus MMI and plus Open-Sky.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am going for the 2.0t mainly for tunability and gas mileage....

don't really care for DSG, but want the quattro. Thinking I might get the FronTrak, and seeing the little mileage I put on, upgrade to a quattro and give the FWD back to the dealer to sell as "brand new" pretty much.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Elder Member

Default sunroof will be a must in the A3, seeing the room inside is a bit tighter..

than the A4, i'd fell clausterphobic otherwise. NAV is not really a need unless you use the sucker for work or you suck at getting around, IMHO.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default From what I am told, its almost identical to the A4 inside...

and its not just the Nav, its the interface, how it cleans up everything and the SAD Card spaces etc...

Also, I would use it for work too...and some trips...I can see the benefit in that more then a sunroof.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Elder Member

Default if trips, cool, mine will be a local car, driven 5k/miles per year....

so no point in NAV, while it looks clean and cool, I dig the sunroof, and maybe the S-line body kit instead.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Elder Member

Default manual is cluth less though, and up on the paddles right?...

would remind me on tiptronic too much, i like to control all the power in the car, just a preference.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh I want S Line too =)

I would buy this car....

2.0T DSG Quattro
S-Line
Convenence
Nav/MMI
Sound
Xenon

I will take a look at the sunroof again, just eh for the $$. But, Audi needs the Quattro 2.0T to bow and for them to announce an SLine for the car officially...for me to go any farther...till then its just a holding pattern...drive the car when it gets here some, and wait as info comes out....I am not in any real hurry, I love my car...just anxious to see the A3...
Old 02-14-2005, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Correct, everything is on the paddles, you cannot stall it, nor go to 8K RPMs...

but, you can hold gears etc just like a manual....and in Sport model it is quicker then anything you have seen in your life...its unreal.

But if I oly was going to drive the car 5K a year, didnt have to consider traffic, etc...then I can see you point on the manual.

Quick Reply: A3 Poll. Give me some feed back.