Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 San Francisco Driving Vacation

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 San Francisco Driving Vacation

How did we fall in love with our Audi in the first place? Was it the four rings? Was it the five cylinders? Was it the Quattro? Did it matter how we fall in love? We are all passionate about our beloved Audi. It is not just a transportation device. When we drive our Audi every morning, it generates positive emotions inside us. It makes us feel good.

One balmy morning, I got up with a craving for some wood fire brick oven baked bread. And the only place I know is the Wild Flour Bread Bakery near Sebastopol in Marin. I am sure there are other specialty bakeries closer to San Francisco. But then, what is the point of driving one mile to get a loaf of bread when I can drive 72 miles through scenic northern California Highway 1?

Fellow enthusiasts

I called up my friend David, a fellow Audi Club of North America member, and asked him if we could get a few friends to go for an impromptu weekend drive. I thought of him because he recently did several modifications to his Audi A3, and I would like to see and experience his modified car.

David bought his 2008 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) without performance option on purpose because he had a plan. Being a gadget person, he ordered the premium electronic package that includes the navigation system, multimedia stereo system, and Bluetooth.

We met at Crissy Field in San Francisco Marina district. Crissy Field was originally the Presidio US Army airfield. After some restoration effort, the airfield was replaced by charming landscapes of native vegetation, tidal marshes, and a lagoon. Water sparkled like diamonds in the lagoon, long-legged wading birds dug through the mud feasting on tiny crabs, and pelicans flew over the waves. In a distance, wind surfers dotted the foreground of the radiant Golden Gate Bridge. On the other side, the famous Alcatraz Island stood courageously....

The rest of this story and more picture visit: driving-vacation.com
Attached Images      
Old 07-03-2013, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, I just bought an A3 and live in the marina district. Would be down to do a ride like this, driving and food are two things I'm passionate about.
Also I'm into car audio, I have the regular CD player in the Audi. I'd be interested to see how that rns-e compares. I just ordered the Bluetooth receiver to mini plug today.. But that other unit looks nice!