Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Alignment + Fuel Injectors Cleaning @ 15K?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment + Fuel Injectors Cleaning @ 15K?

Hello All,

I have a 16' Audi A3 I got recently. I got it at 12k miles. There was services done @ 5k. I just got my 15K service. They wanted an alignment and to clean the fuel injectors @ $550+. I think this is amazingly high for just an alignment and cleaning of the injectors. Is this really recommend for this model? Alignment seems fine but should I go get it done somewhere else so it's less expensive or do you recommend to only have Audi dealers do this kind of work?

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-17-2018, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm guessing the dealership is trying to get some money for their Christmas bonus.

It's absolutely ridiculous to have to clean the fuel injectors at 15K. If the car isn't idling weird and power is good, then I don't think you need to clean the injectors. You can try a can of BG 44K, but you probably won't even feel the difference. I've got 68K+ miles on my '09 A3 2.0TSI and it still runs strong.

Alignment depends on if you've hit potholes. If your car drives straight with the steering wheel straight and no excessive wear on tires, then I'd wait another year before checking. Alignment is dead easy on the A3, so go to any reputable alignment shop. Even if you need work, all you'll probably need is toe adjustment. There's literally one nut they loosen, turn a rod about a few degrees (1 - 2 mm), then tighten the nut. The rest is having the computer telling them if they need to turn more or less degrees.

Last edited by findalex; 10-17-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by findalex
I'm guessing the dealership is trying to get some money for their Christmas bonus.

It's absolutely ridiculous to have to clean the fuel injectors at 15K. If the car isn't idling weird and power is good, then I don't think you need to clean the injectors. You can try a can of BG 44K, but you probably won't even feel the difference. I've got 68K+ miles on my '09 A3 2.0TSI and it still runs strong.

Alignment depends on if you've hit potholes. If your car drives straight with the steering wheel straight and no excessive wear on tires, then I'd wait another year before checking. Alignment is dead easy on the A3, so go to any reputable alignment shop. Even if you need work, all you'll probably need is toe adjustment. There's literally one nut they loosen, turn a rod about a few degrees (1 - 2 mm), then tighten the nut. The rest is having the computer telling them if they need to turn more or less degrees.
Good information! I appreciate it. Yes, I know this much in general but was more looking for experience in Audi maintenance as this is my first one. I didn't know if it was more recommended to use their technicians or things like this are better off getting done somewhere else and just have my regular milage maintenance done at Audi. Thanks again!