Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Cleaning A3 Interior- Any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2000, 02:02 AM
John

Default Cleaning A3 Interior- Any ideas

The inside of my 3 month old A3 is dark grey and there are a few scuff marks (from shoes etc) on the inside lower part of the drivers door and passanger door. I have tried cleaning with a white cloth and walm water but I cannot to get them absolutely clean.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks....
Old 01-27-2000, 03:56 AM
David R

Default Re: Cleaning A3 Interior- Any ideas

Hi

Don't know if you can get hold of this product in your area, but Autoglym Bumper Care is excellent as it both cleans and hides small scratches on plastics. It is similar to the numerous plastic glossing agents available but seems to clean as well as shine.

I would suggest, however, not to use this on the more visible areas of the dash as the shine can look a bit too much giving a "used car valet" appearance.

David R
Old 01-27-2000, 04:28 AM
AL B

Default You could try...

Hi,

I use Armorall (spelling?) interior cleaning spray. I can't remember the actual name of it. But it does a reasonable job. Doesn't remove the scuff marks completely, but does a good job. The good thing about it is: you spray it on your rag, apply it, then wipe the area again with a damp cloth to reduce the amount of shine. So I keep wiping a bit to get the dash back to a matt finish.

I use this in conjunction with supposedly "lint-free" cloths from Halfords. They still leave traces of material on the A3's "rough" textured dash, but they are better than normal yellow dusters.

If anybody knows of any truely "lint-free" cloths please post here.

Check out the Autoexpress web-site Car Care page (link below).

Regards,

Alan.
'99.5 A3 1.8T MS Silver<ul><li><a href="http://www.autoexpress.co.uk">http://www.autoexpress.co.uk</a</li></ul>