Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Fitting AC / Climate

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting AC / Climate

Not sure what air comes with the A3 is it possible to get just AC or is Climate the only option?

Has anyone tried to fit either, what were your experiences and costs like, was it worth the hassle?

If you haven't done the job what would be your guestamits as to how hard it would be?

I was having a flick through the forum and found a lot of diagnostic tricks which can be performed with the CC console, e.g. shows RPM, MPH, Water Temp etc, although it would be cool I am not bothered about having these as I would have thought it would mean interfacing with the cars computer and a lot more hassle.

Got a new A3Tdi130 incase you need to know for under the hood space.

DM
Old 12-10-2002, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Fitting AC / Climate

I would say very difficult to retro fit. You would need to fit and evaporator in front of the radiator, the pipes and the compressor. Half the dash would have to come apart to fit the evaporator and the wiring for control panel etc. Pricy for parts even second hand and very time consuming to fit, have 'dried off' the system and filled with gas too. Not that I wouldn't love it, but in Scotland I'd ever need it

Best of luck though.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:38 PM

Default on the subject of retro fitting

Maybe I could do without the AC, but heated seats would be nice. I have the sport seats but not heated. Do Audi's have the wiring for these sort of things, just not connected? Or would I need to do it from scratch? I have taken a seat apart on my mk 2 Golf to sort a snapped seat cable and sorting the side bolstering, so I have had experience taking seats apart. I leave for work at 5.30am - damn cold in Scotland.