Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Mine is the 1st Mag Ride Sport pkg A3 delivered to my dealer BUT......

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine is the 1st Mag Ride Sport pkg A3 delivered to my dealer BUT......

THE AUDI PRODUCTION LINE SCREWED UP MY ASSEMBLY!!! The window sticker says Magnetic Ride Sport Package but the car arrived WITHOUT the sport seats and 18" wheels/tires !

My dealer called me late Friday afternoon to say my factory ordered A3 was being unloaded from the truck! Three months waiting and it was finally here! However, he called again Saturday morning to say something was amiss - some of the sport package elements were missing. It's got the Magnetic Ride suspension but the wrong seats & wheels/tires. So we went down to the dealer to look the situation over and try to hash out a resolution. The dealer was profusely apologetic and they claimed "This never happens!" I told them I wanted the S4 on their showroom floor for the same price instead! Well, they're contacting Audi corporate headquarters in Virginia today for guidance. This might be easy, there was another A3 on the same truck that does have the right seats & wheels/tires. They're trying to get authorization from Audi to swap out those seats & wheels to my A3. Hopefully they won't have to bump the decision up to Audi in Germany - They are all likely out on seasonal holiday, European vacation benefits are notoriously liberal! I was hoping for delivery before Christmas but with this hassle, the snow/ice here in Seattle and our holiday plans, it won't be until after Christmas, I suspect.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:53 AM

Default Bummer...mine has been stuck in port

Since December 2nd. Hoping to get a call today that is was released and shipped up over the weekend. Hope it wasn't held because it was damaged...

When I placed my order back in May I ordered sport/mag along with the Ti package, but just found out that it didn't come with the Ti. I know you can't order that way now, but I thought I might have snuck it in.

Good luck, hope you can re-appropriate the seats and wheels off another car.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Seems reasonable if they end up doing the swap for you

But still, they owe you a little something for your troubles. Free summer performance tires? Free maintenance package? Probably not the S4 in the showroom, haha.

Congrats on your new ride, hope the wait isn't much longer for ya. Also give us your impressions on the mag ride after a week of driving!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Titanium Pkg

You can sort of do an aftermaket Titanium package with Hartmann wheels. And - Spray the headliner black?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default what if...

... your A3 is "stuck in port" because they're removing your sport seats and 18" wheels to put onto Zetetic's A3, hahaha.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yep - They owe me...

I'd get the summer tires with the swap but I'm actually considering negotiating for high performance all-seasons (Goodyear Eagle GTs) as it would better fit my driving needs here in the Pacific Northwest - especially this week with 10 inches of snow in my driveway! I'm also talking window tint with them.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default hmmmmmm

These reps look better (and are cheaper) than the Hartmann's IMO. Quality should be on par, or just slightly lower.

About the headliner spraying........ I think it would smell, it would stain, and it would look uneven/blotchy. It would suck to ruin a perfectly good (although tan colored) headliner!

You can retrofit the piano black trim pieces though...........

<a href="http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_61_101&p roducts_id=477"> clicky </a>
Old 12-22-2008, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default might be hard to get those specific tires

Audi has relationships with specific tire manufacturers and from experience, they like to throw on Pirelli and/or Continental tires.

I too upgraded (on my own) to Goodyear tires...... Eagle F1 Asymmetric Summer performance. Spectacular in the wet and dry!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

My local dealer uses DiscountTire in their neighborhood all the time
Old 12-22-2008, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice. Let us know everything you get in the end!

Quick Reply: Mine is the 1st Mag Ride Sport pkg A3 delivered to my dealer BUT......