Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Question about low VIN A3 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about low VIN A3 for sale

I have seen several low VIN cars (around00220-00280)that have some strange option packages and are still for sale as new cars.

My main question is, are these early build cars going to be a liability in quality or resale? I have my eye on two particular cars right now, and am concerned that even though these are salable builds, they may be built early and may suffer problems down the road.

Any factual information on what updates may have been done on the line or in engineering between these January-February 2005 build date cars and current builds?

thanks, I am ready to buy!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The A3 has been out for several years in Europe now.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Those are just the early demo cars

My car was one of the very first released cars, one of about 150 or so bought in april and my car is 1299, no problems with mine other then a poorly molded driver door seal but that seems to be somewhat common on all different doors so its just a vendor problem.

I have seen a few A3s come through at the dealer but I"m not A3 certified so I don't know what exactly is up with them, but overall nothing major I've seen. We have one on the lot certified adn I think that was the premium demo, havent' seen the base model demo back. But I started working there after I had my A3, so it may have been back between then and now.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: The A3 has been out for several years in Europe now.

Ah, yes I know.
I am here in the States, and am referencing those early cars here.

I thought you may be the one that has the scoop on these cars. One model has foglamp delete and window shades in the rear and back window. Also am looking for detail mechanical issues or tuning of tools on the assembly lines to note as manufacturing developments.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There are a few members who did get those cars. Haven't heard of anything out of the ordinary.

My car was from the batch immediately after, and had a bad tranny from day one. It was replaced quickly and without quibble. The glovebox lock/latch sticks sometimes, but not often enough to make it repeatable for the service dept. That's it.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:19 AM

Even the cars built in 2003 are pretty reliable so a 2005 should be fine