Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2016 S3 dead -- new turbo, new cylinder head, maybe new engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It's a huge ****ing mess, yeah. I may be moving to NYC in the next few months and was going to sell it anyway, I'll probably just offload it to one of those trade in websites. Going to take a hit no matter what. Plenty of damage, but not enough to total it.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nate
It's a huge ****ing mess, yeah. I may be moving to NYC in the next few months and was going to sell it anyway, I'll probably just offload it to one of those trade in websites. Going to take a hit no matter what. Plenty of damage, but not enough to total it.
in the meantime drive it like you stole it! Enjoy the heck out of it . From the miles I think you are.

Last edited by ionian2k; 05-19-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Colorado.

Protip -- make sure you leave the Dashcam in the car, and have it record audio. I've got 32GB of video to look through from the whole repair.

Edit: nothing interesting on the video. Some pretty funny comments in the first few, mostly surprised mechanics with flashlights looking around.

Last edited by nate; 05-19-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Colorado.

Protip -- make sure you leave the Dashcam in the car, and have it record audio. I've got 32GB of video to look through from the whole repair.

Edit: nothing interesting on the video. Some pretty funny comments in the first few, mostly surprised mechanics with flashlights looking around.
Glad you got things sorted. I'm curious about one thing though. I thought if damage occurred to your vehicle while it was in for servicing it was up to the dealer to fix? For example if a tech accidentally scratched your bumper while parking, the dealer would repair the bumper with their insurance. Wouldn't that apply in the case of the hail damage? Obviously the dealer has insurance for a reason and it includes 'acts of god' and since the car was in their care when the hailstorm happened it should fall under their insurance to fix (especially since a hail damage claim is going to be a big ding on your own insurance record). Greetings from colorado btw. I live down in the castle pines area.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Damien Clark
Glad you got things sorted. I'm curious about one thing though. I thought if damage occurred to your vehicle while it was in for servicing it was up to the dealer to fix? For example if a tech accidentally scratched your bumper while parking, the dealer would repair the bumper with their insurance. Wouldn't that apply in the case of the hail damage? Obviously the dealer has insurance for a reason and it includes 'acts of god' and since the car was in their care when the hailstorm happened it should fall under their insurance to fix (especially since a hail damage claim is going to be a big ding on your own insurance record). Greetings from colorado btw. I live down in the castle pines area.
Got the estimate from insurance today, about $8k in damage. I talked to them about it being the dealer's problem to fix, they said it didn't matter to them since my insurance applies even though I wasn't in the car and it wasn't under my control, etc. They suggested I might try getting the deductible out of the dealer. I'm sure the answer to that will be "no, nice try, though" but I guess it's worth asking. My only guess is that the only hope there would be a lawsuit. Once it's all back together, I will probably send the dealer a letter with the deductible and any excess rental car charges (assuming I go over my insurance limit there) and see what I can get.

I'm pretty pissed that the dealer gave the car back to me with a smashed windshield. It's clearly not legal to drive as-is.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got the estimate from insurance today, about $8k in damage. I talked to them about it being the dealer's problem to fix, they said it didn't matter to them since my insurance applies even though I wasn't in the car and it wasn't under my control, etc. They suggested I might try getting the deductible out of the dealer. I'm sure the answer to that will be "no, nice try, though" but I guess it's worth asking. My only guess is that the only hope there would be a lawsuit. Once it's all back together, I will probably send the dealer a letter with the deductible and any excess rental car charges (assuming I go over my insurance limit there) and see what I can get.

I'm pretty pissed that the dealer gave the car back to me with a smashed windshield. It's clearly not legal to drive as-is.
Oh that's what insurance said? I would have thought they'd have advised you to try to get the dealers insurance to pay since it was on their property when the damage happened but Im not an insurance claims adjuster so what do I know. Sorry you're going through this=(