Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

A3 Sedan 2017 Ibis White, Should I do Nano Ceramic Coating ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default A3 Sedan 2017 Ibis White, Should I do Nano Ceramic Coating ?

Hi guys,

I am new here, I ordered an A3 Sedan 2 weeks ago and should be receiving it next week, I am a bit afraid of how the color would turn out, I chose Ibis White.

I saw a few cars picture with nano ceramic coating and they looked amazing in White, but never seen any on the road.
Is the effect of nano ceramic coating in real same as in pictures?
How does Ibis white look ? Did I make a mistake getting Ibis white?
Old 05-01-2017, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your new A3!

I have zero experience with nano coatings and I think my previous white cars looked great. Case in point, my recent S4 was Glacier White Metallic which is a bit prettier (IMO) than Ibis White because it has more of a shine to it due to the metallic make up of the paint. However, I have seen Ibis White cars and they are great looking. I do not think you made a mistake at all, especially if you're fond of white.

Only YOU know if you made a mistake. Personally I don't think you did.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My current car is Seat Leon White Nevada and I love the colo.
it is just that I am worried if itll look as nice on the A3
Also hesitant regarding the nano ceramic coating (ClearFX) its 750USD extra
Old 05-01-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Where are you located? I know it must not be the United States being that you own a Seat! I personally never believe in spending several hundred dollars for coatings or protection of paint. Just do a good job of regular washing and detailing and you should be fine, especially with a neutral white color IMHO.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
Where are you located? I know it must not be the United States being that you own a Seat! I personally never believe in spending several hundred dollars for coatings or protection of paint. Just do a good job of regular washing and detailing and you should be fine, especially with a neutral white color IMHO.
in Israel, here everything is expensive, the A3 price with the sunroof, LED, parking sensors and cam and 18" tiers is 234k ILS which is 60k USD
Old 05-01-2017, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Wow! I'm sorry to hear it's so expensive there. Yes, we are a bit spoiled in the US when it comes to car prices and gasoline .
Old 05-01-2017, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wow! I'm sorry to hear it's so expensive there. Yes, we are a bit spoiled in the US when it comes to car prices and gasoline .
Been to the US twice, prices are much much much cheaper
Old 05-01-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Anyway, back to the main topic. Your new Ibis White A3 sedan will look awesome so no worries!
Old 05-01-2017, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Anyway, back to the main topic. Your new Ibis White A3 sedan will look awesome so no worries!
Thank you, I am dying to pick it up
Old 05-02-2017, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think for Israel, white is the perfect color. Sure you get way more sun than most of us here in the US. White with the black optics is very nice too. I currently have a black S3 and put a clear bra film on the entire front end. Was very, very expensive but it has a lifetime warranty and deflects bugs and rocks like it has a super power. Love it. BUT there are edges that collect wax when I wax the car. Pain in butt. ordered a Daytona grey RS3 and will skip the clear bra treatment. Will go with a good wax product and apply often. Think you can't go wrong there. If you have the space and time to wax, think that works best overall.

Quick Reply: A3 Sedan 2017 Ibis White, Should I do Nano Ceramic Coating ?