Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi Connect and AT&T 4G

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by selp
I am glad I am an ATT customer.
I am also grandfathered from the true unlimited data plans (4G LTE).
So, for $10, I get to hotspot and do anything I want.

Still haven't received any complaints from ATT.
Wait, are you saying you have the unlimited LTE data plan AND you added your car for $10 on your unlimited plan? If so I think you somehow flew under the radar.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by sdjaime
Wait, are you saying you have the unlimited LTE data plan AND you added your car for $10 on your unlimited plan? If so I think you somehow flew under the radar.
Sounds like it. I'm under the original unlimited plan with my iPhone and when I explored adding another device under the share plan, I was told I would have to give up unlimited data and go with one of the new limited plans to qualify for data sharing.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just a note that a data-only SIM from Project Fi works. Specify 'h2g2' as the APN and leave the username / password fields blank. Per GB it's cheaper than US Mobile, but that assumes you have phone service with Fi...don't think they have data-only plans at this point.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Project fi

I have a Project fi account for my phone. Can you tell me how your setup works?
Old 04-02-2016, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HWYDSGNR
I have a Project fi account for my phone. Can you tell me how your setup works?
Order yourself a data-only SIM. Go to fi.google.com -> Account -> Your Plan -> Add Data-Only SIM

Once it arrives, plug it in. On your MMI, press Menu -> Telephone -> Settings -> Data connection -> Data connection settings -> Connection settings. APN is 'h2g2', username and password are both blank, and authentication is 'normal'.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SirScott
Order yourself a data-only SIM. Go to fi.google.com -> Account -> Your Plan -> Add Data-Only SIM

Once it arrives, plug it in. On your MMI, press Menu -> Telephone -> Settings -> Data connection -> Data connection settings -> Connection settings. APN is 'h2g2', username and password are both blank, and authentication is 'normal'.
Thank you. I'll give it a try!
Old 04-02-2016, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

US Mobile has finally implemented monthly autopay. I am subscribed to 100mb each month ($2 plus fees = $4.70/mo). It is more than enough to do google searches. I don't use google earth, prefer standard navigation maps for simple ease of reading.

www.usmobile.com

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 04-02-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Project Fi

Originally Posted by HWYDSGNR
Thank you. I'll give it a try!
Finally got this done. Needed a SIM adapter from nano to standard SIM.

Appears to be working well.

Thanks again.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
US Mobile has finally implemented monthly autopay. I am subscribed to 100mb each month ($2 plus fees = $4.70/mo). It is more than enough to do google searches. I don't use google earth, prefer standard navigation maps for simple ease of reading.

www.usmobile.com
I just ordered a SIM. Where do you find the APN settings?
Thanks!
Old 05-27-2016, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received US Mobile SIM and activated today. Was having some trouble getting this to work, so called US Mobile. Before hanging up after confirming APN, etc., I asked to confirm activation was successful. He noticed something and had to "refresh" the account. Went out to the car, and LTE popped right up. Confirming "pwg" as APN. It also seems faster than AT&T(?). I wish I had done a speedtest with the AT&T; unfortunately, car was at dealership when Connect expired.

If anyone else has trouble getting it to work, it might be worth a call to US Mobile customer service. I had waited a few hours before calling just in case there was some kind of delay in activation. But, their "refresh" did the trick.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect and AT&T 4G