Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi Phone Holder Feedback Request

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Audi Phone Holder Feedback Request

Hi All,

As you know I am a vendor on AudiWorld. I want to thank all of my customers out there who took a chance on my product on day one... Thank you. It's been 10 months since Clearmounts was created. It's been a long and challenging journey... The product has evolved and is solid, stylish and useful. I am proud that I have had zero returns and 100% customer satisfaction!

In order to help me spread the word and encourage others who have yet not ordered a Clearmounts, I ask you to share your Clearmounts feedback on this tread. I know we are not talking about a performance upgrade or an extra 100 HP... but for many including myself this little Phone Holder is a life changer and most importantly a safety device... it get's your phone out of your hands!

Once again thank you and please share your feedback, reviews, pictures and videos...

Enjoy!
Old 03-09-2017, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe I was one of the 'early adopters' of the Clearmount. I have loved it since day one. Install was exactly as described and it's been a pleasure to use. Nice and simple, clean and ergonomically spot on. I would recommend this to anyone in search of the perfect mount for the A3 with the round vents.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned my Clearmount for a few weeks now. I look forward to providing feedback once my car arrives and I take delivery !
Old 03-13-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearmount is the best phone adapter I've had, and I've had plenty. It looks like it was made for my A3 etron, the magnet grabs and hold, even through the iPhone case. Great product.

I wish you made one for the Porsche 993.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Amazing product. Second hand S3 came with the clearmount already installed and its fantastic. No issues holding a samsing S7. Best holder ive used in a vehicle and a big plus not having to use adhesive on the dash like most phone holders
Old 03-17-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Make it fit the A8
Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Just ordered my holder, and waiting for it and the Audi to arrive
Old 03-28-2017, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pretty nice

Got mine about a week ago, so far I quite like it and knowing what I know now, would purchase it again in a heartbeat. Arrived quickly, and Carl from ClearMounts was very helpful and patiently answered several pre-purchase questions that I had.

Installation was simple, the video on the web site was pretty accurate - one of my vents was a little more stubborn than the other but was easy to remove both of them within a few minutes, snap the ClearMount on and re-install the vents.

Even when the phone isn't mounted the ClearMount almost looks like the car came from the factory that way, which is fantastic. Doesn't look like some cheap, generic accessory. Using the magnetic holder and so far the phone has stayed put when mounted - the parking structure at my work has some brutal speed bumps and no issues with the phone falling off of the mount.

The only slight negatives I can say are that a) the back of my phone case isn't that snug against the phone, even with the metal plate for the magnet to grab on to stuffed inside, so I think the plate is able to shift around inside the case and b) depending on exactly how I position the phone (iPhone 6s) it either tends to obscure the very bottom of the MMI display, or can slightly block the row of buttons where the hazard light control is. I imagine a larger phone like an iPhone 6/7 Plus would be a little worse in this regard.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for your great review. You mentioned that the metal plate you placed between your case and your phone moves around because your phone case doesn't fit tightly. I would recommend you use either double sided tape or scotch tape to hold it in place. The company Speigen also makes super thin cases with a cutout on the inside of the case to hold the rectangular metal plate the Clearmounts comes with. That is what I use. You can find it on Amazon. As far as blocking parts of your dash, it's safer than holding it in you hand, or sitting in you cup holder or blocking your air vent.

thank you again. Enjoy!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

best phone mount ever! Thanks CarL!!

Quick Reply: Audi Phone Holder Feedback Request