Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)

2018 RS3 (US Market)
-Daytona Gray Pearl (Black interior w/gray stitching)
-License Plate Delete
-Leather armrests/kneepads
-Driver Assist Package
-Technology Package
-Dynamic Package

Order placed 08/29/2017
Factory Submitted 09/05/2017
Frozen to Changes 09/06/2017
Production Week 41 (October 8th) (moved up about a week)
Production Complete ETA 10/13/2017 (Actual 10/04/2017)
Ship Departure 10/13/2017
Domestic Port Arrived ETA 11/08/2017. (Actual 10/26/2017)
Released to Carrier ETA 11/11/2017. (Actual 10/27/2017)
Arrival at Dealer 11/01/2017 (25 miles on odometer)
Original ETA 10/30/2017-11/27/2017 - (updated 10/27/2017-11/06/2017) - Took delivery 11/03/2017 (66 days from order to delivery)

Delivery went smooth, although I had to wait for PDI which I was under the impression was going to happen the day prior to pickup. Besides that minor hiccup, my dealer was great to work with and would recommend to friends and family. He was able to get a allocation that was about to go into production and was locked to changes the day after the order was picked up, which moved my delivery time from late December-early January to early November. The sales associate I worked with is Nicholas Cohen @ Hunt Valley Audi in Maryland. Let him know Caesar refereed you At the time of order, I agreed to MSRP for the car, but was able to get them to come up an additional $1,500 on my trade in which happened the day of delivery.

Driving Impressions:
Coming from a previous Evo IX owner, this car is as fast as that car at ~60% throttle at ~4000 rpms. I can't wait till I'm past the break in and can really wind it out. The steering is direct, and turn in feels very similar to my Evo did if memory serves, but the ride is much more civilized. I have the standard brakes, and although they have a ton of power, it does take a good bit of pedal input to get them to really bite down. I thought it was going to take me a while to get used to all the tech features (tech and drivers assist packages), but after about 2 days and ~250 miles everything is pretty straight forward now. I love the duplicitous nature of this car. Civilized and luxurious when I want to just cruise, and like a freaking animal when I want to have fun. I wish the sound on cold start was as good as on a warm start with the pops and crackles, and at 6'2", I have to move the seat up about an inch when my 2 year old is in the car seat behind me, but other than those two minor annoyances, the car is exceeding my expectations. I am blown away, and looking forward to many years of fun with this beast. Audi added the "Audi Sport" puddle lights free of charge without me asking. I also have the subwoofer adjustment, and the random drilled pattern steel rotors. Let me know if you all have any questions, and enjoy the pictures

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-flegvn4.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-wc8hswg.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-vgwjaah.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-lvw3mbp.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-fhvhlgh.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-ivqiqey.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-dvcov80.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-5kcb2av.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-th5rti2.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-g9b9eky.jpg

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-foxusi2.jpg
Old 11-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lucky SOB, I ordered mine in August, asked for it to be locked, and still haven't even gotten it in production yet.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Beautiful Car. Enjoy
Old 11-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. I tried to buy the Nardo they had on the lot, back in Aug/Sept., but couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Kind of glad that I wasn't able to, because I got a chance to see a Daytona at the Rockville dealer, and may be leaning that way as well.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats as well; love your expression!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by colnago
Congrats. I tried to buy the Nardo they had on the lot, back in Aug/Sept., but couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Kind of glad that I wasn't able to, because I got a chance to see a Daytona at the Rockville dealer, and may be leaning that way as well.
I originally wanted Nardo as well, but after seeing it in person I had a feeling the novelty would wear off after a while. Daytona may not be a RS exclusive color, but damn it looks good
Old 11-07-2017, 05:25 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)-ivqiqey.jpg

OP,

Now that's the look buddy a guy should have IMHO picking up his Audi.

That's what some refer to here as a, Happy-Camper.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ha! Thanks, and you are right
Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BaltimoreCaesar
Ha! Thanks, and you are right
Driving Impressions:
Coming from a previous Evo IX owner, this car is as fast as that car at ~60% throttle at ~4000 rpms. I can't wait till I'm past the break in and can really wind it out. The steering is direct, and turn in feels very similar to my Evo did if memory serves, but the ride is much more civilized. I have the standard brakes, and although they have a ton of power, it does take a good bit of pedal input to get them to really bite down. I thought it was going to take me a while to get used to all the tech features (tech and drivers assist packages), but after about 2 days and ~250 miles everything is pretty straight forward now. I love the duplicitous nature of this car. Civilized and luxurious when I want to just cruise, and like a freaking animal when I want to have fun. I wish the sound on cold start was as good as on a warm start with the pops and crackles, and at 6'2", I have to move the seat up about an inch when my 2 year old is in the car seat behind me, but other than those two minor annoyances, the car is exceeding my expectations. I am blown away, and looking forward to many years of fun with this beast. Audi added the "Audi Sport" puddle lights free of charge without me asking. I also have the subwoofer adjustment, and the random drilled pattern steel rotors. Let me know if you all have any questions, and enjoy the pictures
I hope you don't do like so many members and disappear now that you have your new RS-3.
I would luv to see what you have to report after you continue to drive it.

So, don't simply now go away stay on this thread and let us that don't have the car yet what your candid on going thoughts are as time passes and the miles continue.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
I hope you don't do like so many members and disappear now that you have your new RS-3.
I would luv to see what you have to report after you continue to drive it.

So, don't simply now go away stay on this thread and let us that don't have the car yet what your candid on going thoughts are as time passes and the miles continue.

I have ~320 miles so far, and trust me... I cannot wait to report back after I hit 1k miles and can really get on it!

Quick Reply: BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)