Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Burger Motorsports JB4 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Burger Motorsports JB4 Upgrade

Hello All,

The long awaited JB4 upgrade to the JB1 motorsports tuning box is now available in beta mode if anyone wasn't aware. If you currently own a JB1 rev 1 or rev 2 an upgrade option is available through Burger Motorsports which will cost you about $125.00. If you do not own the JB1 the cost for the JB4 is about $430.00. They are very famous in the bmw platforms and as recently expanded to the VW platform. The upgrade now comes with an OBDII plug in and an app with real time data that you can download. Avarage performance gains are roughly 35-40 whp and as up to 40 lbs of torque on a stock car (A3 8v) on map 1 and on map 2 up to 50 whp With 60 lbs of torque stock. Using Map 2 settings on a modofed car i.e. bolt ons like downpipes, turbo intakes, turbo hi flo discharge and or catbacks gains can be seen as much as up to 300whp to 32pwhp depending on your mods and hoW much you want to push it. I currently have a JB1 and I love it. I consistently run 0-60 at about 5.0 flat with my best time being 4.88 and thats only with a cts turbo imake and a GFB DV+. Can't wait to see the power difference once I install the cts turbo hi flo turbo discharge pipe and muffler delete. This platform is basically using what they tune bmw m3/m4 with. Keep you all posted.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to get it, just waiting for a reseller (for us CA folks). The jb1 alone with my mods have gotten my A3 to S3 specs on map1. Can't wait to see what the jb4 will do on map2!
Old 12-16-2016, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
I can't wait to get it, just waiting for a reseller (for us CA folks). The jb1 alone with my mods have gotten my A3 to S3 specs on map1. Can't wait to see what the jb4 will do on map2!
Yes I'm very much looking forward too it. My A3 only has a cts turbo intake, GFB DV+, CTS turbo muffler delete and CTS turbo hi flo discharge pipe. I haven't gotten it on a dyno yet but my 0-60 launch control runs have been steadily 5.0-5.2 on map 1. My best time is 0-60 time is 4.88 which was the other day. I live in NY and the temp that day was 17 degrees so I'm assuming that helped. Can't wait to get it on a dyno. My JB4 should be here by next week
Old 12-19-2016, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I installed the JB4 yesterday and it's a blast. I haven't really played around with it. But on MAP 2 I was doing 0-60 in 4 seconds flat on MY16 A3. The lunch control is insane. Off the line it really gets up and goes. I also believe adding the CTS turbo hi flo discharge pipe made a big difference as well as the car really pulls now. I look forward to playing around with it and getting the max out of my car.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0-06 in 4 secs? Seriously

What mods exactly do you have done? That's amazing. Is you 16 A3 Quattro or RWD?

Originally Posted by Jjc23
So I installed the JB4 yesterday and it's a blast. I haven't really played around with it. But on MAP 2 I was doing 0-60 in 4 seconds flat on MY16 A3. The lunch control is insane. Off the line it really gets up and goes. I also believe adding the CTS turbo hi flo discharge pipe made a big difference as well as the car really pulls now. I look forward to playing around with it and getting the max out of my car.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jjc23
Can't wait! Jb1, quickest I was able to do was 4.4, so this is very exciting to see where I'll be with the jb4. Installing CTS intercooler tomorrow. Be crazy to think to be in high 3's.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by slrkappa@yahoo.com
What mods exactly do you have done? That's amazing. Is you 16 A3 Quattro or RWD?
I have a CTS turbo intake. CTS turbo muffler delete. CTS turbo hi flo discharge pipe. The Burger Tuning JB4. CTS turbo hi flo turbo inlet. I plan on getting an S3 oem intercooler. I'm not chipping the car so the oem S3 intercooler should be sufficiciant. The big difference I must say other then the JB4 is changing out the oem discharge pipe. The cts hi flo pipe give you a big kick compared to stock.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, when I had my '07 335i, I "watched" Terry Burger progress from inquiring on forums, to his first solution (which I bought), and then all the way up to the JB4 (which I upgraded from the JB2 to Jb3 to JB4). Quality product, great price, great service. Terry's a top notch guy as well. Awesome to hear such good comments on his VAG products!
Old 12-21-2016, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Okay guys. I might sound stupid here but.

What is jb1 or jb4? Is it a tune or is it a piggy back box (a module like Racechip or Chipwerke)?
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Okay guys. I might sound stupid here but.

What is jb1 or jb4? Is it a tune or is it a piggy back box (a module like Racechip or Chipwerke)?
Piggyback unit that is similar to an ecu tune but not permanent. Gives you about 40hp or more bump.

Quick Reply: Burger Motorsports JB4 Upgrade