Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Car and Driver 2018 10 Best Cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car and Driver 2018 10 Best Cars

Car and Driver just revealed their top 10 cars for 2018 and guess which car made the list??? The RS 3!!!

For those interested here is the link to the article:

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-today-feature

Anybody else here on the forum feel even better about their decision to go with the RS 3?
Old 11-30-2017, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess ill take the ladies word for it.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chi_Nardo_RS3
Car and Driver just revealed their top 10 cars for 2018 and guess which car made the list??? The RS 3!!!

For those interested here is the link to the article:

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-today-feature

Anybody else here on the forum feel even better about their decision to go with the RS 3?
Yes and No (but I guess that sort of answer requires me to elaborate). Yes, I'm glad it's getting this type of recognition within the car world and that the RS3 will become better known because of this article. I'm forever grateful that a friend of mine had read an early preview of the RS3 so when I mentioned I was going to be looking for something new fairly soon, he was aware of the RS3 and its potential so he could make me aware of it which of course lead it to be my #1 car on my list. Yes, because I'm hopeful that the RS3 sales will continue to increase globally as car buyers become more aware of it and that Audi will remain motivated to continue its further development going forward for quite some time.

And Yes, because maybe, just maybe, after this sentence in her article, " The cabin is vibrating to the unusual resting heartbeat of the Audi’s 2.5-liter inline-five (onetwofourfivethreeonetwofourfivethree), which grows to an 88-decibel howl at wide-open throttle." that 3-5 more people may actually get what my license plate really means! LOL

No, because now I won't always have the "element of surprise" when I'm out driving around town. My "sleeper status" will probably end sooner than later.

And finally No, I don't really care what others think (e.g., remember Jeremy Clarkson and his idiotic thoughts on the RS3?) because IMO (and that's the only one that matters, except for my wife of course), it IS one of the best cars out there on the market especially in this price range so that's good enough for me.

Last edited by russbert; 11-30-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

so many bmw fans hating on the rs3 in the comments. hahaha.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vassili_z
Probably all the butthurt M2 owners and never driven the RS3 yet.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

btw, audi s3 (not RS), did amazing in the lightning lap. a tenth of a second behind the 420hp rs4.

***BMW drivers are funny and delusional.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by vassili_z
+1 They probably don't ever remember a time when a BMW was *NOT* on the list. Perhaps they can buy the Honda since they don't like the RS3? LOL
Old 12-13-2017, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just traded in my AR Giulia Ti for my new RS3 that finally came in, after ordering this summer. Both are fantastic cars and I truly love the RS3. I don’t miss my RS5 anymore.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by QYKSLVR
...... I don’t miss my RS5 anymore.
Care to elaborate?
Old 12-16-2017, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by QYKSLVR
I just traded in my AR Giulia Ti for my new RS3 that finally came in, after ordering this summer. Both are fantastic cars and I truly love the RS3. I don’t miss my RS5 anymore.
Cool, you should write a comparo on the forum, I test drove one and really liked it, but chickened out in the end and stuck with an S3... would love to hear your comparisons.

Quick Reply: Car and Driver 2018 10 Best Cars