Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Local dealer has a 2018 RS3 with 1,750 on the clock

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Local dealer has a 2018 RS3 with 1,750 on the clock

So now that my wife got the Q5 I have the itch and would love an RS3, specifically the Nardo grey model, but the price is a shocker, way more than anything I have paid for a car. A local dealer has a 2018 that has 1,750 miles and they are selling it for $58K....they also have a new one for $63K in the same config...wondering if the used one is worth it, I'd be curious if I could get them to move more on the price and I can get the same financing through my credit union if I go that route but wonder if the new has better discounts and deals. I'd be trading in my ATS but that is worth I think $5 at this point given they are discontinued.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, New is always a new car and you break it how you would want to. Plus better financing/leasing options on a new car.
I will try new RS 3 and $5K difference is not much for a new one compare to used one Good luck and you will really enjoy RS
Old 05-22-2018, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks and glad you pointed this out as I didn't know Audi required a break in period, told my wife so she is aware. I think if the discount on the used car was greater it would be an easier choice but given it is only a short amount of money it doesn't seem worth it, then again I wonder what prompts someone to get rid of a car with under 2k on it.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mathewj
thanks and glad you pointed this out as I didn't know Audi required a break in period, told my wife so she is aware. I think if the discount on the used car was greater it would be an easier choice but given it is only a short amount of money it doesn't seem worth it, then again I wonder what prompts someone to get rid of a car with under 2k on it.
People always change their mind or it might be a demo car. Never know. But test drive it before purchase. Also, test drive both S3 and RS 3 and conclude if RS is worth it over S.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Location: Aspen (where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano)

I got mine new around 5% off sticker and I could source any car I wanted. Do some research and find a good Audi dealership. They aren't all the same, I went to 4 before buying my RS3.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uniqueMR
People always change their mind or it might be a demo car. Never know. But test drive it before purchase. Also, test drive both S3 and RS 3 and conclude if RS is worth it over S.
anything in particular that should factor in to that, I was mainly looking at the HP and figured the RS and the S feature wise would be about the same. Thanks
Old 05-23-2018, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There were big discounts on financed new Audi's last month. I got an additional $2500 off of my S3 if I financed $10k of it through Audi for a short time. I can then pay it off with my home equity line. if you go new you can also tailor your option selection to just what YOU want and not have to pay for any additional options you really don't want.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff968
There were big discounts on financed new Audi's last month. I got an additional $2500 off of my S3 if I financed $10k of it through Audi for a short time. I can then pay it off with my home equity line. if you go new you can also tailor your option selection to just what YOU want and not have to pay for any additional options you really don't want.
new RS models do not qualify for any such discounts beyond loyalty

$5k difference is not enough of a discount given the mileage
Old 05-23-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

anything in particular that should factor in to that, I was mainly looking at the HP and figured the RS and the S feature wise would be about the same. Thanks
No double RS will have more horsepower over S and yea features are almost similar to S. To me, RS 3 drove same as S3 unless you are really pushing it. You gotta be aggressive and heavy footer to enjoy the RS though. Plus, Audi's RS looks very similar to S models. They need to really differentiate the both models, RS and S. If you have both cars next to each other, the difference is just front grille, different wheels and exhaust. I believe for the money, RS needs to look different (like wider, different hood, roof top like carbon fiber, etc.).

But end of the day, don't take me wrong, RS is RS. We do pay for badges though If you like RS and you feel its worth it, go for it. As long as you are happy for your purchase, that what counts.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I moved from a '15 S3 to an '18 RS3 and would easily do it again despite being a dumb financial move (by getting out of the S3 early): I went with the sport exhaust, sport fixed suspension, and the sport seats. Test drive one if you can, and with both suspensions if possible.

Quick Reply: Local dealer has a 2018 RS3 with 1,750 on the clock