Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Maybe, just maybe, a manual trans S3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe, just maybe, a manual trans S3!!!

The best news I've heard so far. Maybe VW won't get my money after all.

The New Audi S3 Could Get A Manual After All In America
Old 09-25-2014, 05:49 PM
MML
AudiWorld Senior Member

That is good news, but let's see if it actually happens. I don't have high hopes for a manual S3 any time soon... I hope I am wrong.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am a HARD CORE standard trans guy, but I have to say, I am almost converted… almost 800 miles on the DSG and I'm hooked.

I've also concentrated on learning the gear positions so I don't have to watch the console to know what gear I'm in, getting the hang of it.'

Not sure I'd choose it over a DSG at this point OR maybe I'm just old. (PLease don't flame me.)
Old 09-25-2014, 07:46 PM
MML
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arU4ic
I am a HARD CORE standard trans guy, but I have to say, I am almost converted… almost 800 miles on the DSG and I'm hooked.

I've also concentrated on learning the gear positions so I don't have to watch the console to know what gear I'm in, getting the hang of it.'

Not sure I'd choose it over a DSG at this point OR maybe I'm just old. (PLease don't flame me.)
Could be the miserable traffic where we live.... (I live in SF too). It just seems to be getting worse which limits the time to really enjoy a stick shift car.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

America is built on choices. Hope to see them come.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Learning to use DSG

I am excited to her that! I am wondering how long it will take me to re-train myself to use the DSG. When I drove the S3 launch edition at the dealer I put the transmission in manual mode and the engine builds RPM's so quickly I forgot to use the paddles. My focus was on the floor shifter and imaginary clutch pedal. I didn't want to break anything, so I left in automatic mode after that. I loved the car though and ordered one last week.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I converted back in 2009. I actually like the DSG style of transmission better than the clutch pedal manual boxes. The gear position thing I already mastered from decades of riding motorcycles. The manual clutch pedal transmissions are just plain cumbersome and counterproductive.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So are you all mostly using the s-tronic console shifter in manual mode than the paddle shifters?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
I converted back in 2009. I actually like the DSG style of transmission better than the clutch pedal manual boxes. The gear position thing I already mastered from decades of riding motorcycles. The manual clutch pedal transmissions are just plain cumbersome and counterproductive.
The Evo MR forced you into that is my bet, from what I heard that's been a good Mitsu trans.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
I The manual clutch pedal transmissions are just plain cumbersome and counterproductive.
But that is part of the fun of driving!!! Remember?

Quick Reply: Maybe, just maybe, a manual trans S3!!!