Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

MMI screen stuck closed

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI screen stuck closed

Pretty pathetic on a car less than a year old. I can't really use any of the MMI functions until Audi fixes this.
Will let you all know what they say and do
Old 12-08-2015, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that you're going through this. Would definitely suck. Thanks for keeping us in the loop however. Hope they get you fixed up quickly.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default CNTL-ALT-DELETE!

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Sorry to hear that you're going through this. Would definitely suck. Thanks for keeping us in the loop however. Hope they get you fixed up quickly.
The suggested fix is the equivalent to rebooting windows. Some combination of MMI keys (lower left + rotary + upper right) is supposed to fix it.
I will try tonight and post an update.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Hold that thought!

Originally Posted by whitby
The suggested fix is the equivalent to rebooting windows. Some combination of MMI keys (lower left + rotary + upper right) is supposed to fix it.
I will try tonight and post an update.
After being left to sulk in the garage for a day the MMI decided to work perfectly as soon as i turned on the ignition - Even though I had tried several times last night. So I don't know if the reset will work, or even what was up with it. I guess i will just have to keep an eye on it. I did take a video so as a minimum I can get Audi to look at it next time i take it in for service.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you hear it's working again! But that does suck not knowing what caused it to malfunction in the first place. Intermittent problems can be frustrating for sure. Was your car in unreasonable heat or cold recently? I work with electronics now and the constant up/down movement of the MMI did have me worried initially when I bought the car. More moving parts means more that can go wrong at some point. Think all other Audis have static or fixed displays. Audi is going to that new instrument cluster display thing as well. Not sure I would like a moving map right where the tach and speedo are supposed to be.

Hope you never see the MMI problem again.