Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

MY 2019 order guide released

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a little jelly that direct tpms is now standard but other than that the changes are minor. Either way, anyone buying a MY 2018 or 2019 RS3 is getting a great car!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope since LED headlights are standard now they make them a lot better. Drove past a Lexus the other day and damn near burned my eyes out looking at them.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As funny as it may sound, I really miss having grocery hooks in the trunk. I had them in my S4 and they were great. I had no idea they were a port installed option.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sbruno624
I hope since LED headlights are standard now they make them a lot better. Drove past a Lexus the other day and damn near burned my eyes out looking at them.
They don't do that with our Audi LEDs as far as I can tell. I sometimes wonder whether drivers have their high beams on when I see super bright lights. Just because they are a form of HID such as LED or Xenons doesn't mean they are going to be overly bright and blind others. Not sure about Lexus but that doesn't sound right. I hate it when people install after market HIDs on their cars and don't know how to adjust properly.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

How does Tango red compare to Catalunya? I did not like the orangish look of the Catalunya.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4Ty
How does Tango red compare to Catalunya? I did not like the orangish look of the Catalunya.
Tango Red is a normal A3/S3 color, so you might be able to find one at an Audi dealer/used car dealer near you if you want to look at it in person.
It's just a very normal looking red. Nothing about it stands out.
It's technically a metallic color, but when I saw it in person, I couldn't see any metallic sparkles they way you can with Ara Blue or Catalunya.

Catalunya's base coat is like tango red, so in the shade it looks ordinary red.
But there is orange metallic flakes in it, so it WILL show an orange tint under the sun or bright artificial light. It's not Challenger orange, which is more like a flat orange. But it will give a distinctive orange tint.

Under the sun it looks sexy af, but I'm biased ....
Old 08-07-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmay
As funny as it may sound, I really miss having grocery hooks in the trunk. I had them in my S4 and they were great. I had no idea they were a port installed option.
These can be bought and added aftermarket. My S3 only came with one side so I bought the hardware and another hook for the other side. Took less than 5 mins. now all 4 bags can be secured for post grocery shopping drive
Old 08-07-2018, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Morbo66
Tango Red .....is just a very normal looking red. Nothing about it stands out. It's technically a metallic color, but when I saw it in person, I couldn't see any metallic sparkles they way you can with Ara Blue or Catalunya.
I don't know....I have a TT in Tango Red, and I find it pretty "stand-out-ish"!!! Get a tremendous amount of compliments. While not as "sparkly" as some metallic colors, it certainly sparkles in the sun and is a true red sports car color that would come to most people's mind (which is probably why Tango Red is available on the R8).
Old 08-08-2018, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i hope this means resale value on my catalunya red just went up
Old 08-08-2018, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by marttimat
These can be bought and added aftermarket. My S3 only came with one side so I bought the hardware and another hook for the other side. Took less than 5 mins. now all 4 bags can be secured for post grocery shopping drive
Good to know, thanks. ECS Tuning? For some reason my S3 didn't even come with one. Is that what the Prestige model gets you?

Quick Reply: MY 2019 order guide released