Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

My First Audi from an STi... I have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ntstambo2
Sorry, I reread my comment and realized I didn't describe it correctly. I couldn't remember what it was exactly and realize now it wasn't really a suspension component, it was a dog bone mount. I had the dog bone mount, tires, end links and sway bars on a list of mods I thought I could get away without impacting the warranty. My dealer said no, so I put it out of my mind.
That seems odd, Subaru doesnt care about anything unless it is in front of the CAT. It would seem to me, that what your Audi dealer meant is they would not warranty the parts you changed. But I can't see them declining a claim on a completely unrelated part if they failed.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

They said if my problem is traced back to an area of the car i modified, the work may not be covered. The car has so many sensors and electronics that I didn't want to chance them saying that I did something if I had a problem. You can't even remove the bumper without an $800 re calibration of the Audi Presense sensors. I know MB flags cars now and you won't even know until you end up in a situation. I just didn't want to risk it with my DD, so I didn't press.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ntstambo2
I would never in a million years, not even if you offered it to me for free, mod my 2018 S3. I have a Camaro for that. This is my DD, bought new with 1800 miles on it as a demo car for $40k with Audicare included. Too good of a deal to screw up by tinkering with it. These cars are perfectly balanced the way they are for DD and really only need a cheap suspension part replaced to allow you take full advantage of better tires (I won't even do that). The engine in these cars are not forged, not even the RS3, so while people do what they do, they're not immortal. The DCT also has its limits. I learned my lesson the hard way with an S4 many years ago. You don't want an Audi that's out of warranty as your DD unless you enjoy paying a premium. The only mods my S3 has are carbon fiber mirrors, spoiler, ceramic, tint, clear bra, and a resonator delete performed by my local Audi dealer. My Camaro will eat this S3 alive in any contest but this car is 10x more fun to drive to work everyday.
this works for you brother, for some of us it doesn’t. I just bought a MY15 a3 Quattro with 35k and did all the scheduled maintenance on it the second I got it. This was all in preparation for the Unitronic stage 2 that will be happening shortly. In warranty or out of warranty these cars aren’t the least expensive cars to keep on the road, but that’s also why the community is so tight and helpful, you can’t put a price on this community and the amount of love we show each other. To each their own. But fear mongering doesn’t help anyone