Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

new 2018 A3 owner - lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 2018 A3 owner - lots of questions

So far really happy with my car, but I have some things I cannot figure out...
1. What does MMI connect app do for me? I cannot get it to connect and the 'tech guy' at the dealership says its basically useless.
2. In the MMI I see some options like 'download owner manual' and 'map updates'. With both, all I ever get is 'server not responding'. dealer's 'tech guy' says those are old features that are no longer available.
3. Audi seems pretty keen to sell me Audi Connect plans but based on the above, whats the actual benefit to it?
4. Any recommendations on site that sells Euro style mirrors (with built in blind spot) and ideally auto dimming?
5. Any recommendations on ECU upgrades? I had APR stage 1 on my GTI and really liked it - but local APR dealer is telling me I can only have 1 ECU tune and I cannot revert to stock without involving said dealer. As he is 90 miles away that's not going to fly.

Some disappointments:
no Homelink WTF?
No auto dim on side mirrors? Bear in mind this is a Quattro Premium Plus with Technology package - just feel a little cheated

Last edited by sabex; 01-23-2018 at 04:45 PM. Reason: adds
Old 01-23-2018, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Homelink is an option on the A3, not standard.

Audi connect will allow you to see news, weather, fuel prices, parking information, get traffic updates, Google Earth map overlays, Google voice search for navigation, send destinations from your phone to the car, and stream music from Napster (if you have a Napster account) or Amazon Prime (if you have an Amazon account). A 4G LTE WiFi hotspot is also available.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD

Audi connect will allow you to see news, weather, fuel prices, parking information, get traffic updates, Google Earth map overlays, Google voice search for navigation, send destinations from your phone to the car, and stream music from Napster (if you have a Napster account) or Amazon Prime (if you have an Amazon account). A 4G LTE WiFi hotspot is also available.
assuming you're in the US market, us Canadians don't get any of this.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD

so.. i can get every one of those things using my phone thru Android Auto - except send destinations from phone to car and THAT does not work - again per the dealership. don't get me wrong, android auto is sub-optimal in all cases but thats still not enough for me to add more fees. downloading map updates - now thats value - but again supposedly not available any more.