Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Not happy with WeatherTech rear floor liners

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Not happy with WeatherTech rear floor liners

This is my first car with WeatherTech liners. I like the fronts, although the feel is a little too "plasticy" for my taste but they protect well.

I am not happy with the fit of the rears though, there are gaps along the back that are sagging forward and just look terrible. The problem now is that I think people step on the backs since they sag forward, which just makes the problem that much worse!

It seems like the fit is off, if they were larger and fit more snugly against the back then this wouldn't be an issue.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Is this just normal and I should velcro them back (my first idea when I noticed this.) I really hate the look now, just looks like they are cheap.

Thanks

Right rear

Left rear
Old 09-14-2015, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the fronts, but not the rears and those almost look like "knockoffs" considering how well my fronts fit.

Contact WeatherTech and let them know the problem. I think management is very big on customer service and would want to know.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used weathertech mats in several of my vehicles and they've always fit correctly. I agree with you that the fit looks terrible and think it can't possibly be correct. I was getting ready to order some soon so I'd be interested in what they have to say to you about the fit. I hope they either made a mistake or fix the fit.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never understood why people were buying this over the Audi All Weather mats.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
I never understood why people were buying this over the Audi All Weather mats.
I had Audi's front all-weather in 5 prior vehicles. The slush and salt in winter will leak onto carpet. Weathertech is better in front for driver.

I went with the Audi rear mats, because WeatherTechs were not available at the time. The Audi's are fine for the rear even in snow states if there aren't passengers in the back all the time.

Also us S3 owners don't care for the A3 logo.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 09-15-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

I see the same issue in the rear in our cars. It's caused by people sitting with their heels up against that rear edge:

Name:  DSC_2571_1_zpskrvbniiq.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  322.3 KB
Old 09-15-2015, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=uberwgn;24724109]I see the same issue in the rear in our cars. It's caused by people sitting with their heels up against that rear edge:

I think passengers might make it worse, but mine have been bad since the day I bought them and are only getting worse over time. My 5-year old daughter rides in her car seat behind the passenger seat, and her legs don't even reach the floor when we drive.

Here is a pic I took the day after I got them, notice how misshaped the rear edge is:

Old 09-15-2015, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

[QUOTE=scutchins;24724194]
Originally Posted by uberwgn
I see the same issue in the rear in our cars. It's caused by people sitting with their heels up against that rear edge:

I think passengers might make it worse, but mine have been bad since the day I bought them and are only getting worse over time. My 5-year old daughter rides in her car seat behind the passenger seat, and her legs don't even reach the floor when we drive.

Here is a pic I took the day after I got them, notice how misshaped the rear edge is:

Your situation points to a bad design for these rear mats. WT needs to add reinforcement (ridges) to the edges in the mold. You should contact customer service.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Dennis, you're probably right, but I can't endure sleepless nights because of something like this. If someone else wishes to telephone them, and they offer a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Irrespective of this issue, I'm thoroughly impressed with how well their product protects when the going get tough...and I own other "winter" mats.

Last edited by uberwgn; 09-15-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=DennisMitchell;24724256]
Originally Posted by scutchins

Your situation points to a bad design for these rear mats. WT needs to add reinforcement (ridges) to the edges in the mold. You should contact customer service.
My parents have rear mats in their '08 Accord that are very similar (edge that isn't supported well), so unfortunately I doubt they will change their design.

Quick Reply: Not happy with WeatherTech rear floor liners